Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alleged Head Injuries

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
So the OP isn't allowed to comment on your threads ? You might want to look up the word "forum", and then crack on from there.
Where did I say the OP isn't allowed to comment on my threads?

Once you point me to where I have said this I will understand your point

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Reporting news is tedious behaviour?

If you find my behaviour tedious, then that's your issue .
Very tedious seeing as everyone can read it on other web sites.

But you like the attention seeking

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Where did I say the OP isn't allowed to comment on my threads?

Once you point me to where I have said this I will understand your point
"The OP comments on all my threads, WAH WAH"

Deal with it, wetwipe.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Very tedious seeing as everyone can read it on other web sites.

But you like the attention seeking
So any news reporting on this forum is tedious?

Okay, I've understood your stance.

Continue to follow all my threads with the same comment and I will copy your behaviour back, simple

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The one in the middle of the half where they even failed to kick it out and the prick England gave them the drop ball, he clutched his head then they attended his ankle. The prick England should have booked him.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
That renders it pointless. It has to be 5 minutes off the pitch before the player comes back on, or before the concussion protocol comes into effect.
That's what I said - a mandatory 5 mins, with the option of a sub being bought on.
If the player with the 'head injury' turrns out to be fine, then the manager has used up a substitute, for no reason.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's what I said - a mandatory 5 mins, with the option of a sub being bought on.
If the player with the 'head injury' turrns out to be fine, then the manager has used up a substitute, for no reason.
Yes, but not until 5 minutes (5 minutes of playing with 10 men) are up. That is the (very necessary) disincentive.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Yes to the first part, but allow sub, in case it's genuine - manager's choice.
Absolutely this. Player has to leave the pitch, and is given perhaps 5 mins ‘check’ time before being allowed to continue. It’s then up to the manager if he wants to sub that player off, which he can do immediately, or wait the requisite time

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Yes, but not until 5 minutes (5 minutes of playing with 10 men) are up. That is the (very necessary) disincentive.
No, because the manager will have to use up a sub (if he chooses to), on a player he really didn't want to sub, or was just play-acting....or, take the mandatory 5 mins of playing with 10 men.
It's really simple.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
It has now to come to the point where the time keeping needs to come away from the referee with the clock being stopped every time the ball goes out of play or when the whistle is blown.
Research to be done whether the halves need to be reduced to 30 or 35 mins.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, because the manager will have to use up a sub (if he chooses to), on a player he really didn't want to sub, or was just play-acting....or, take the mandatory 5 mins of playing with 10 men.
It's really simple.
.............but not as a 'concussion sub' then, just using up one of their ordinary subs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It has now to come to the point where the time keeping needs to come away from the referee with the clock being stopped every time the ball goes out of play or when the whistle is blown.
Research to be done whether the halves need to be reduced to 30 or 35 mins.
Sorry but that solves nothing. The whole POINT of timewasting is not to run the clock down. Its to disrupt the game, break it up, disrupt the flow. When teams like Fulham / Villa / Forest are up against a superior opponent, their best opportunity of getting a result is to play-act. Destroy the game as a spectacle. You could add on 30 minutes, and they'd still be doing the same shite all day.

The head injury protocol has played RIGHT into their hands, and teams like Fulham are using and abusing it to halt momentum. It really, really works. Silva will have observed the Villa / Forest games here and seen how it fucks us up. They can hang in there until the last knockings and get a draw, or hit the fluke jackpot like they did today.

In my mind, the face-clutchers / head-holders must be stretchered off for a mandatory 5 minute assessment. If thats what they've gone down for (and its a natural reaction if you've taken a bonk to the noggin), then off you go for 5 minutes to be assessed. The manager can decide to make a temporary concussion sub - which I accept could lead to more faff - but the point is, if a player decides to BULLSHIT this head injury protocol, then he must know he may well get hooked.

This has got to be tackled properly now, its getting ridiculous.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sorry but that solves nothing. The whole POINT of timewasting is not to run the clock down. Its to disrupt the game, break it up, disrupt the flow. When teams like Fulham / Villa / Forest are up against a superior opponent, their best opportunity of getting a result is to play-act. Destroy the game as a spectacle. You could add on 30 minutes, and they'd still be doing the same all day.

The head injury protocol has played RIGHT into their hands, and teams like Fulham are using and abusing it to halt momentum. It really, really works. Silva will have observed the Villa / Forest games here and seen how it fucks us up. They can hang in there until the last knockings and get a draw, or hit the fluke jackpot like they did today.

In my mind, the face-clutchers / head-holders must be stretchered off for a mandatory 5 minute assessment. If thats what they've gone down for (and its a natural reaction if you've taken a bonk to the noggin), then off you go for 5 minutes to be assessed. The manager can decide to make a temporary concussion sub - which I accept could lead to more faff - but the point is, if a player decides to BULLSHIT this head injury protocol, then he must know he may well get hooked.

This has got to be tackled properly now, its getting ridiculous.
Agree with the mandatory 5 minute assessment entirely.

But I do think that taking time out of the game is at least part of the reason why this strategy is so successful and why after the first few games of the world cup, teams didn't really indulge in this sort of stuff or timewaste that much as they knew they the time would just be added on.

I think we should go further.

The rule should be ... "every second for which the referee adjudges to be deliberate timewasting, he should add 2 seconds to the game"

jd312

Feb 19, 2011
As we saw today the "hold your face" tactic to stop play during transition is highly effective. Bruno Fernandes is the World's best at it in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here