Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alleged Head Injuries

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Azpilicueta had a head injury today - everybody knew it and play stopped instantly, pretty much wthout the need for any action from the referee. Hint, then, for referees - if it's a head imjury, it's pretty obvious. If the player is clutching his face with his hands, rolling over and screaming blue murder there is a 99% chance it's not a head injury.
If the physios subsequently come on and treat his ankle, give him a yellow card. Second time, it's a red. It's not rocket science.
You're happy for the 1% (by your reckoning) to lump it, on the ref's say so? I'm glad you're not a medical professional and just a nutter on a football forum.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
This is now getting out of hand the amount of opposition players feigning head injuries to disrupt games at the Amex.
Just read on their main site , "World record for the number of players lying down pretending they were dead " f***ing disgraceful team . Also mention " Worst referee performance of the year " . They must be so proud :tosser:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Disagree. If you allow a sub, it will continue. Force the player off for 5 minutes and it will stop.
Albion defend a corner.

Opposition player attacks the inswinging delivery and piles into Dunk who goes down due to head impact.

Dunk goes off for five minutes under your protocol.

In that five minutes, the opposition win another corner, sling it in and, without Dunk there to defend it, nod home the winner.

Is that the fairness you seek?

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Put a screen round the severely injured, distressed and mortally wounded party and either gently put them to sleep by lethal injection, or bullet/bolt gun to the forehead.
I can guarantee that after the first few there wouldn't be so many others hiding their faces and thumping the ground.
It's the only workable option.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You're happy for the 1% (by your reckoning) to lump it, on the ref's say so? I'm glad you're not a medical professional and just a nutter on a football forum.
We all saw what a head injury looks like on MOTD last night. Azpilicueta wasn't thrashing around clutching his face. Forget your 1% - it wouldn't be that many anyway - I would have been more specific and said 99.999% if I'd known you were gong to come in nit-picking! Besides, within weeks of players being yellow carded fro writhing around clutching their faces feigning head injuries that don't exist, it wouldn't be an issue any more.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Besides, within weeks of players being yellow carded fro writhing around clutching their faces feigning head injuries that don't exist, it wouldn't be an issue any more.
MacAllister each game ? 😂

haardman

Jul 29, 2005
Seeing as the game stops for them - have VAR do something useful for a change, and check the 'contact'. No proper contact to the head - book the player.

It would soon cease.
This is the only solution IMHO. It would stamp out the problem within a few games. All the other suggestions penalise genuine head injuries or create other options for abuse. Also most suggestions don't stop the main problem of disrupting play, this solution would have that effect very quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here