Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allardyce out

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The final whistle went at Newcastle at 4.53
The club tweeted that Allardyce's contract would not be renewed at 4.54.

Class way to treat a manager who got them promoted to the PL and comfortably kept them there.

Classy, David Gold and David Sullivan :lolol:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
He's now saying that he was planning to leave anyway:

Allardyce added: "I knew it was coming and I have no problems with it. We had the discussion and I wasn't going to sign a new contract so it was probably time to move on.
"It's done and dusted and we both move on. West Ham have a big job appointing a new manager moving forward and I have the job of seeing my family for a change. This job is 24/7 and it's time for me to give the family a bit more time."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Allardyce added: "I knew it was coming and I have no problems with it. We had the discussion and I wasn't going to sign a new contract so it was probably time to move on.
"It's done and dusted and we both move on. West Ham have a big job appointing a new manager moving forward and I have the job of seeing my family for a change. This job is 24/7 and it's time for me to give the family a bit more time."

To be fair he's handled this well.

I can't stand Big Sam's style of football though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

there was a story a few weeks ago that he'd turned down a contract, didnt give it much credance at the time. funny old game.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
To be fair he's handled this well.

I can't stand Big Sam's style of football though.

True. He even said in his press conference earlier in the week that he had sold his flat in London, but they were letting him stay on until the end of the season, so he has known for a while.

The announcement coming 1 minute after the final whistle is still pretty impressive though!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
True. He even said in his press conference earlier in the week that he had sold his flat in London, but they were letting him stay on until the end of the season, so he has known for a while.

The announcement coming 1 minute after the final whistle is still pretty impressive though!

There must have been someone literally with their finger hovering over the send-button at the end of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here