Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allardyce out

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They didn't waste much time...

"West Ham United will begin the search for a new manager after the club decided not to renew the contract of Sam Allardyce following the conclusion of the 2014-15 season.

"Joint-Chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold will now oversee the recruitment process for a new manager to lead the club into one of the most exciting eras in its history.

"The Board has already compiled a shortlist of replacements for Allardyce and will be making significant transfer funds available for the successful candidate.

"From our point of view there isn't a more exciting job in the Premier League at present."

Quite common knowledge since about Christmas time, Sullivan and Gold ( plus a large percentage of fans ) wanted rid last season but could not afford to sack him and his team as it would have cost too much in compo. Big Sam knew some time ago that his contract was going to wind down so absolutely no surprise.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"From our point of view there isn't a more exciting job in the Premier League at present."

Unless you count the Liverpool manager's job, which is likely to be vacant by this time tomorrow.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 21.10.44.png

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Talk on here earlier in the week that Big Sam was out and Poyet muted as the next manager.

Talk on here isn't legs :) I did see a speculative story in two or three months ago about him talking up the job and that he may have been put on a long list of options, but I really would be surprised if it was going to happen. I don't think he proved anything whilst at Sunderland, and Advocatt turned around their fortunes and moral in weeks.

theboybilly

No Ernest I don't. West Ham have done their homework and that new ground will bring in a huge new fanbase. I am convinced they will easily overtake Spurs within the next couple of years and will then really start challenging. Only the foreign money at Stamford Bridge and the Etihad makes me stop short of saying they will be genuine title contenders.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Talk on here earlier in the week that Big Sam was out and Poyet muted as the next manager.

dont be daft. West Ham are hardly about to swap uber-direct but effective Allardyce with defensive and ineffective Poyet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No Ernest I don't. West Ham have done their homework and that new ground will bring in a huge new fanbase. I am convinced they will easily overtake Spurs within the next couple of years and will then really start challenging. Only the foreign money at Stamford Bridge and the Etihad makes me stop short of saying they will be genuine title contenders.

I'll have a pint of what you've been drinking please.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Lol.

Adding 15,000 additional seats compared to the boleyn ground makes them a top 4 side? Interesting. Will remain a bottom half club until they have a rich owner.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
In much the same way as moving from Withdean to the Amex got us established in the Premier League and made us bigger than Palace.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Spurs will overtake them again then, once their new ground is built by your logic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The final whistle went at Newcastle at 4.53
The club tweeted that Allardyce's contract would not be renewed at 4.54.

Class way to treat a manager who got them promoted to the PL and comfortably kept them there.

el punal

Bolton didn't sack Allardyce. He convinced himself that he was too good for Bolton, was the best manager in the country & should get the England job & left Bolton to"have a break from football" , only to promptly pitch up at Newcastle.

He's been sacked from all his subsequent clubs, without ever again getting near to the heights he reached (with less money) at Bolton. What a shame :whistle:
Do I detect a hint of "Gus-ism" here? :whistle:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The final whistle went at Newcastle at 4.53
The club tweeted that Allardyce's contract would not be renewed at 4.54.

Class way to treat a manager who got them promoted to the PL and comfortably kept them there.

I was gonna make that point too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here