Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All them lovely Japanese fans in the east lower…

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The number of Japanese seems to increase with every home game . They are lovely people and wonderful ambassadors for their country.
Although my grandparents and great grandparents would not have approved of me going.

Easily my favourite country to have visited by a country mile, anyone who gets a chance to go… go.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
directly behind me and my daughter east lower H block, were sat three Americans from New York one of whom supported the Albion who had flown over a few days ago, to watch Friday Fulham, yesterday Brighton, and today Tottenham. Sat next to them were four what I presumed were Japanese folk, and yes the club shop was absolutely rammed after the match with Japanese fans eagerly purchasing everything..

Whilst walking back to the shop, we walked in line with a few slightly disgruntled young chav Bournemouth fans who loudly asked with open arms (as they do) “Where’s all the Brighton fans, this place is full of chink tourists”
had my daughter not been with me, I may have slapped him, I was rather hoping someone would have done it for me.
Bournemouth chav fans ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They certainly have them. I passed a group singing about aids test results - charming bunch.
Fingers crossed they got the all clear - must be a worrying time for them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was a family of three Japanese fans (mum, dad, little kid) down the bottom of my block in the North. Mum was snapping away at little kid - who was sort of glumly waving two Japanese flags during team warm-up - while dad looked on nervously. Not sure what unknown terror they thought was going to happen to them 😀. In the end I sort of mimed to the dad that I'd be happy to take a photo of all three of them altogether. Which I did. Rarely have I seen three smilier faces, bless 'em 🙂

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Thought this was endearing, gave the fella a like.

That's great.

My favourite bit is his facial expression at 4:18 after Mitoma had signed his shirt. :D

Genuine astonishment and happiness from young kids meeting their idols never needs any language translation.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
That kids face after meeting Mitoma and getting his shirt signed is what it's about. Forget the 'tourist' nonsense, that kid is a fan for life now, he'll never forget it. Just like when I met Johnny Crumplin back in '93. 😁 My brother has a lot of answer for dragging me along to the Goldstone. 🤣

I'm glad our club has a small part to play in moments like this.

Last edited:

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Great to see the club getting attention from around the Globe and Japanese people coming to see Mitoma but there are local people especially from the Council estates near the ground on low incomes who can't afford to take the kids.
I know a family who just about scraped through to get the kids kits and can only take them to 3-4 games a year.

So there is another side to the story.
UTA.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
That kids face after meeting Mitoma and getting his shirt signed is what it's about. Forgot the 'tourist' nonsense, that kid is a fan for life now, he'll never forget it. Just like when I met Johnny Crumlin back in '93. 😁 My brother has a lot of answer for dragging me along to the Goldstone. 🤣

I'm glad our club has a small part to play in moments like this.
He appears to be an Arsenal fan, unless Mitoma has converted him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Great to see the club getting attention from around the Globe and Japanese people coming to see Mitoma but there are local people especially from the Council estates near the ground on low incomes who can't afford to take the kids.
I know a family who just about scraped through to get the kids kits and can only take them to 3-4 games a year.

So there is another side to the story.
UTA.
Maybe if the club scrapped that nasty £20 charge for sharing a ST, more local low-income families with kids would be able to attend more games. Never used to be a problem when we had physical ST cards. It was a matter of honour to pass your card to a trusted friend to pass to a trusted friend if you couldn't attend. It was largely self-policing. I get it that the pandemic meant the club had to know exactly who was sat in every seat. But that's no longer the case

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Funny innit, 15 years ago we’d be sneering at this kind of behaviour 😂

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Well I enjoyed my brief return to NSC but if this has been taken so out of context and the original thread title was so offensive that it needed to be changed I’m off.
Just a bit weird to refer to people from a country in such a general way whether positive or negative.
There were lots of Japanese fans in the club shop spending cash, which is nice!
which is the main thing. Assuming they are lovely is a bit of a generalization although I’m not that bothered. I worked at Mitsubishi Bank and knew enough Japanese people to know you can’t generalize positively or negatively. Just like any other nationality. Stupid thread but that’s not the end of the world, is it. So are most of the threads on here,

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The number of Japanese seems to increase with every home game . They are lovely people and wonderful ambassadors for their country. The club shop must be doing a fantastic trade in Mitoma shirts !
If Mitoma is miraculously still here after the Summer, the club will have missed a major trick if they don't have huge numbers of pre-printed Mitoma shirts ready to fly off the shelves

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
If Mitoma is miraculously still here after the Summer, the club will have missed a major trick if they don't have huge numbers of pre-printed Mitoma shirts ready to fly off the shelves
And if he’s gone we might be looking at a British record transfer. Insane to think we have two, maybe three of the most valuable players in the Premier League.

Mitoma with two years left on his contract after this summer, has to be worth £90m of anyone’s money. Not that I want to sell him!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here