Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All them lovely Japanese fans in the east lower…

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Crazy how many Japanese at Gatwick airport station !! Are they flying in for the games en masse now ?!
Not just for the games, but as part of their trip to Britain. Every time I get on a 12A or 12X, it has a couple of groups of Japanese going to Cuckmere Haven and Beachy Head. It’s listed as a must see geographical wonder.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not just for the games, but as part of their trip to Britain. Every time I get on a 12A or 12X, it has a couple of groups of Japanese going to Cuckmere Haven and Beachy Head. It’s listed as a must see geographical wonder.
When we visit East Dean and walk to Birling Gap, there are always Asian tourists at Birling Gap. Even pre-pandemic, often wearing face masks!

It is a stunning area …. The Seven Sisters and Cuckmere Valley are world famous.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When we visit East Dean and walk to Birling Gap, there are always Asian tourists at Birling Gap. Even pre-pandemic, often wearing face masks!

It is a stunning area …. The Seven Sisters and Cuckmere Valley are world famous.
And of course, before Mitoma, Japanese loved the Amex for their rugby win over South Africa.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Did you go to that? Wish I had.
I went to that one. It was like a parallel-branded Amex. Even Dick's Bar was rebranded as the Press Lounge. I swear I never saw one other person wearing the stripes in the capacity crowd all afternoon. Bought two tickets for the game and offered the second one via NSC auction to the highest bidder, proceeds going to either REMF or AITC, can't remember which. In a moment of madness I also said I'd buy a match programme for the lucky winner. Which I did. Bastard thing cost a tenner! 😭

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Largely because of an image used as a default desktop background on Windows 7.

Thank you Bill Gates.
When I studied geography, books always featured the Jordan Valley and Cuckmere Valley as great examples of meandering rivers and oxbow lakes.

Cuckmere Valley is beautiful, the view coming over by Friston Forest is amazing.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just back from the Amex where my mum went for a scan in the Brighton Diagnostic and Treatment Centre on Sunday lunchtime.

A Japanese family of 4 parked up and excitedly made their way round to the club shop.

Just the word 'Mitoma' was enough to bring a smile to all their faces and mine.

Albion fans had better get used to having foreign supporters around.

They're clearly not going away any time soon.

And we're all the stronger for it. :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just back from the Amex where my mum went for a scan in the Brighton Diagnostic and Treatment Centre on Sunday lunchtime.

A Japanese family of 4 parked up and excitedly made their way round to the club shop.

Just the word 'Mitoma' was enough to bring a smile to all their faces and mine.

Albion fans had better get used to having foreign supporters around.

They're clearly not going away any time soon.

And we're all the stronger for it. :)
The Japanese will be off soon as he goes. Until then, Barber needs to clear as much tat from the club shop as possible. They absolutely buy anything and seemingly can’t get enough of so it’s yippeee time at the tils and long may it continue!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here