Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

all gone quiet on the glenn murray rumour

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Its a game of opinions. Mine is that the Murray of 2016 is a better all-round striker than the Bobby of 2016. In fact I don't even think its close, however much I love Bobby.

Now if you were comparing the two at their respective peaks, that's an entirely different discussion.

Completely agree. Equally good finishers I'd say but Murray will get around the pitch better, and for longer. Plus I don't think I've seen many better than Murray at holding the ball up and taking the sting out the game when needed. Zamora is good at that but Murray is a lot better and it would help us get up the pitch more often.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Completely agree. Equally good finishers I'd say but Murray will get around the pitch better, and for longer. Plus I don't think I've seen many better than Murray at holding the ball up and taking the sting out the game when needed. Zamora is good at that but Murray is a lot better and it would help us get up the pitch more often.

Yep.

To add to that, Murray is also a brilliant DEFENDER of set pieces.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Getting Murray in would only strengthen our position and push for promotion so its a no brainer if hes available. If we lose any of our strikers to injury we will be looking very light for the run in. Murray would imo be head and shoulders our best striker if he were to join.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
mmm Murray. I am not sure he is the best for team spirit and that is what we have in abundance at the moment. I am not sure I would want the cash splashed on him at the moment. Marginal one for me.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Getting Murray in would only strengthen our position and push for promotion so its a no brainer if hes available. If we lose any of our strikers to injury we will be looking very light for the run in. Murray would imo be head and shoulders our best striker if he were to join.

Tony Bloom may feel that at £5m (loan fee plus wages plus requirement to buy clause) plus wages is too much for a 33 year old striker. Might feel he's spent enough - and on current showings, with Jiri, Knockers, sidwell etc all looking to have fitted straight into the side, I wouldn't argue with him.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
WA said in phone in last night that he has heard that Bournemouth are not happy with Murray. Suggesting we could benefit from that, but that we will assess the need at the end of the month. We shall see.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Tony Bloom may feel that at £5m (loan fee plus wages plus requirement to buy clause) plus wages is too much for a 33 year old striker. Might feel he's spent enough - and on current showings, with Jiri, Knockers, sidwell etc all looking to have fitted straight into the side, I wouldn't argue with him.
£5m too much maybe, but we are talking a 93 day loan without neccessarily a requirement to buy clause. Bournemouth only paid £4m to buy him outright so if Bournemouth want him off the books for 3m, they would be daft to make it that unattractive to us and I'm sure TB wouldn't spend that much on the exercise. Either way, I doubt we'll hear anything for another 10 days when he could fit our needs.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If he is available for the rest of the season, we should get him, simples. He would improve our chances of promotion and wouldn't cost the earth as only a loan. People should remember we were after a striker in the window but didn't get one.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
WA said in phone in last night that he has heard that Bournemouth are not happy with Murray. Suggesting we could benefit from that, but that we will assess the need at the end of the month. We shall see.

The same WA that said it was a done deal only two weeks ago ?

Either he hasn't got a clue or been asked by someone to keep quiet.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Eddie Howe is the problem . Being very stubborn . Murray fuming that he was signed under false pretences .

That seems to be the case. Although if Smug Eddie isn't going to play Murray, then surely it is Bournemouth's interest to pocket a loan fee ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That seems to be the case. Although if Smug Eddie isn't going to play Murray, then surely it is Bournemouth's interest to pocket a loan fee ?

Strikes me as "cut your nose off to spite yourself" type. Not his money either. I can see him refusing to let GM out on loan, even if he has no intentions of playing him.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
If Murray has been named in Howe's 25 man squad, I doubt he's going anywhere!
People keep trotting this nonsense out.

It's a MONEY game.

Nobody is going to pay a loan fee for a player not named in a 25 man squad. Howe is not going to admit he's made a 4 million pound blunder by not naming him in his squad and instead picking a 17 year old who's never played, but he can save face if we pay a fee for the deal.

It comes down to money, if we pay the loan fee he will come.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
People keep trotting this nonsense out.

It's a MONEY game.

Nobody is going to pay a loan fee for a player not named in a 25 man squad. Howe is not going to admit he's made a 4 million pound blunder by not naming him in his squad and instead picking a 17 year old who's never played, but he can save face if we pay a fee for the deal.

It comes down to money, if we pay the loan fee he will come.
Aaah I see that makes sense, that renews my optimism slightly.
If Murray came in and hit the ground running, we'd have as good a chance as any for top two, and as some one else mentioned he does a lot of defending too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's anything but a money game, not in the short-term anyway.

Whatever Murray may or may not cost in terms of a loan fee or wages is nothing to Bournemouth with their Premier League riches. If there is the slightest thought that he could help them out, even if he's 7th choice striker, they will hold onto him. There is tens of millions of pounds resting on their Premier League survival.

"Emergency loans" can include a recall clause but only after the first 28 days, so from the day Bournemouth loan him out to someone they have committed to a minimum of 4 weeks without him. If they suffer key injuries during that period, there is nothing they can do until the first 28 days are up.

We want Murray and he wants to come. Neither us nor him have much of a say in this though.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Murray and Howe hate each other I believe Howe would rather let Murray rot than let him go out on loan.

At the moment it isn't going to happen but you never know depends how good we are at making Howe change his mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here