Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Alistair stewart

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Whatever anybody says about quoting Shakespeare and how clever that might be, using a quote to a black Person which includes the word Ape, particularly when it is preceded by the word Angry, is fairly daft. And given his position as a well respected Newsreader who carries a good deal of influence, I think his position was untenable.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Once again a huge company kowtows to the usual scum who weaponise offence on Twitter.

A few thousand inadequates can destroy careers and lives, but only because these companies listen to them. If ITN had ignored them then it would’ve blown over in days. Ditto the Danny Baker incident.

I think it's naive not to accept the outright hostility of our press and the lengths they will go to to undermine proper journalism and genuine investigate truthful journalism. Who was all over this within minutes; The Sun, The Mail, The Express. The convey-belt of lies and deceit that unfortunately many many people believe, good suduko puzzles or not.

So respectable institutions need to protect their reputations by having strict guidelines for their staff.

Do any of us know whether Alistair quit, or what happened with his employer? We don't. We know the gutter press got hold of the story, and ITN probably had no choice but to address it. Perhaps it was merely a conversation with Alistair and he simply said he was quitting anyway? Who knows.

So what we end up with is those that call it the 'outraged', the 'western liberals', when it is anything but. The Sun, Mail, Express are not the western liberals, but it is them that put this raining down upon Alistair and ITN. Not even a few hundred inadequates on twitter because no one is listening to them, despite tapping phones of dead school girls, telling lie after lie after lie, it's our insipid degenerate gutter media that caused this.

The rightwing media love this to death. Another stick to wave at the supposed oppression from liberal views. It is frankly daft when you think about it.

There is not a single article, blog, opinion piece from any liberal calling for Alistair's head or criticising his statement as being worthy of costing his job. The outrage is being fabricated and people believe it is there when it isn't.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Why did you mention Andy Naylor then apart from making a snide comment about him ?

I didn’t make a snide comment. I merely said I found it a little unusual that a mainstream football journalist tweets mainly about football / sports and also racism occasionally but mainly racism regarding black people not regarding any other minority. Most journalists who write / tweet about racism tend to include all types, Andy Naylor seems to be mainly interested in one type of racism. However now that I have been told he is married to a black woman , that does perhaps explain his preference to concentrate on one type of racism.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Whatever anybody says about quoting Shakespeare and how clever that might be, using a quote to a black Person which includes the word Ape, particularly when it is preceded by the word Angry, is fairly daft. And given his position as a well respected Newsreader who carries a good deal of influence, I think his position was untenable.

Agreed, he had no choice but to resign, or to be pushed, (whichever it was), but as I maintain, that's the problem when you tweet, you can never take back what you say, it will be out there for evermore, just waiting to bite you on the behind when you have forgotten all about it.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Nothing but sympathy for Alistair Stewart, he wasn't being racist he was quoting Shakespeare ffs. But in England we are so utterly terrified of 'racism' that we always bow down to the 'outraged' mob. A hugely respected and talented broadcaster has his career and reputation in tatters for quoting Shakespeare. ITN should've stood by him and said it's not racism but you can guarantee if they had there would be the inevitable 'online petitions' and 'advertisers pulling out.' This country has taken leave of it's senses.

The hypocricy is broadcasting is staggering, Trevor Sinclair called a Policeman a 'white c**t when arrested for drink driving and yet he is still on Talksport, if that was a white ex footballer calling a black policeman a 'black c**t' would he still be in the media? I think we know the answer to that one.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Its western Liberal group think. The secret thought police. You cannot hold a contrary opinion.

If we think we need to change the word Christmas to winter or seasons for fear of offence, it's not your place to question only to comply.

If we say criticism of Meghan Markle is just racism, bow your knee or take the backlash

It seems that most of the backlash comes from the anti-wokers. In recent years a culture of victimhood has arisen amongst those who feel they are persecuted by modern society, stripped of their right to say what they want, censored when they are spouting common sense. The poor souls have no voice, despite their views being paraded daily in the papers and on TV by the likes of Piers Morgan.

You are welcome to respond with a contrary opinion :D

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nothing but sympathy for Alistair Stewart, he wasn't being racist he was quoting Shakespeare ffs. But in England we are so utterly terrified of 'racism' that we always bow down to the 'outraged' mob. A hugely respected and talented broadcaster has his career and reputation in tatters for quoting Shakespeare. ITN should've stood by him and said it's not racism but you can guarantee if they had there would be the inevitable 'online petitions' and 'advertisers pulling out.' This country has taken leave of it's senses.

The hypocricy is broadcasting is staggering, Trevor Sinclair called a Policeman a 'white c**t when arrested for drink driving and yet he is still on Talksport, if that was a white ex footballer calling a black policeman a 'black c**t' would he still be in the media? I think we know the answer to that one.

No one is outraged! The only outlets carrying the story as main headlines are The Mail, Express and The Sun. This notion that we're constantly bowing down to the 'outraged' is a myth. It's simply perpetrated by those who keep saying there is outrage. Keep repeating the same lie enough times enough people will think it's the truth. Where is it? I can't find the outrage, I've had a scoot around the t'internet, despite poster's on here claiming there is outrage, it's invisible if it is.

For all we know ITN wanted to stand by him but Alistair had enough and walked. We know he quit, but that is about all. So much conjecture, so much BS. And you finish with some classic whataboutism. Fantastic. The thread now has the complete set.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
So a well traveled intel event man like you should be aware of some of the derogatory terms many of the indigenous folk insult each other with?

xenophobic / tribalism. Nothing to do with race.

By your interpretation. Descrbing me as an 'intel event man' should I assume you are being racist towards me?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe we should just ban Shakespeare, remove him from the national consciousness entirely. After all, he only portrays black people as murderous wife-beaters (Othello), and as for his vile and disgusting failure to say anything positive about the LGBT community - well, that is completely beyond the pale.

If only he'd written Romeo and Julian.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My immediate thought when it was mentioned was that the man who complained could have been Lenny Henry because I have never heard anybody with such a colour complex as him, but that is ok as he is a popular, to some, comedian.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
My immediate thought when it was mentioned was that the man who complained could have been Lenny Henry because I have never heard anybody with such a colour complex as him, but that is ok as he is a popular, to some, comedian.

'sake BG.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I saw a tweet earlier from someone who followed the 'spat' in real time and there were more (now deleted) tweets than this one – so I think it was a buildup that led to the one everyone's seen quoting Shakespeare.

We'll never know all of the ins and outs of it, but it's obviously serious enough to take action. What I do find interesting is that –given people are likening AS's actions to that of Danny Baker – ITV is not getting the same kicking on Twitter as the BBC did (from people defending the tweeters) when Baker's tweet went out...

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
If thinking you’re a knob is being racist, then guilty as charged.

Proving the point that youre a nitwit. Bravo.

I was going to ask you for examples of your claim. I see youre not up to it, so I wont bother.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

You really don't do yourself any favours, do you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here