Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Best of luck to him. Didn’t work out with us but, unlike Locadia, I think there is a decent footballer in there and can see him doing well elsewhere - really hope he does as is clearly a model professional and a really good guy.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Future candidate for the Flair awards, did nothing but score a worldie

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Future candidate for the Flair awards, did nothing but score a worldie

And one that those of us who were fortunate enough to be at the Amex that New Year's Day will never ever forget
:bowdown: :bowdown:

alirezajahanbakhsh-cropped_guecll70m12v1lzdywuih4dhn.jpg

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Will go down as one of our biggest waste of monies! Hope he does well in the Dutch league but was never worth his transfer fee or wages! Good to see the club moving on the dead wood!

I was hoping we’d be shipping you out before the start of season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think there's a really excellent player there. Just too anonymous a lot of the time. However, some of his passing was perceptive and showed class. That overhead kick was my favourite goal at the Amex along with Skalak's amazing half-volley and Andone's incredible run and goal against palace. I really hope he hits form in Holland as I think he's a top bloke.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Our squad consisted of 14/15 players that Potter wanted to keep plus a similar number of players who were welcome to move on if an offer came in. AJ was always in that second group but had plenty of substitute appearences so must be capable and show a good account of himself in training

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Great guy, occasional glimpses of his ability. Good luck to him....good move all round. Really want him to succeed.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not a criticism as you cant pick everyone but I am one of few on here that given more games on trot out wide think he would have made it. Have no doubt he will do well in Holland.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Potter's generic comments:

"very good professional and great to work with, but this move is a good one".

In other words a good lad who didn't moan about bench warming (too much) but was ultimately never going to be good enough to be a first team regular. As I've been saying for two or three years.

A lot of us have. However, just wanted him to prove me wrong as such a decent character…. Disappointed he wasn’t quite good enough.

Very solid pro, absolutely wish him the best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So how much did we have to pay Feyenoord to take him??

*Edit*

I'm kidding! There's definitely a good player in there just not the type we needed or could use. Some of his passes and touches were superb.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Is it down to the recruitment department, and I understand the guilty parties are long gone, that said the only positive has to be that the Albion learn from their mistakes and don't end up spunking £50million plus again in the Low Countries.

Agree - Dutch/Belgian league’s championship standard at best

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here