[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
A couple of good goals and some decent crosses in game a few months back.

A £17m fee and £50k a week for three years.

What an incredible waste of money. Locadia and Jahanbakhsh all in all cost the club getting on for £50m.

And Veltman cost less than a mill. Seriously unconstructive observation by you that entirely ignores the fact that we're dealing with humans here and that we're a small player with less appeal (and choice) than many clubs.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

What an incredible waste of money. Locadia and Jahanbakhsh all in all cost the club getting on for £50m.

What gets me is we had been tracking him for 3 years!! As you say,an incredible waste of money

And people wonder why we do not take expensive punts on strikers.Obviously lessons have been learned!!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Shame it never worked out for him.

A legend of the club if only for the NSC transfer saga that preceded him, and the overhead kick.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tracking his movements in, tracking his movements out...

[tweet]1415963371623657473[/tweet]

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether

Very unkind . He has been a squad member and played many times for us. Throughout all his time here he has behaved as a good professional. I wish him well

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Good professional and seems like a decent bloke but nowhere near good enough to be a regular starter in the Premier League. Good luck to him wherever he ends up next and, from our point of view, £5m and freeing up some wages is about as good as we can hope for.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
When he does go he goes with my best wishes. A model professional it seems and an all round good guy. I’m sad that it didn’t work out for him, I like him and he always gives 100% with the occasional flash of brilliance. Best crosser of the ball at the club too

This.

I don't like him being lumped in with Locadia as a waste of money. It's not worked out as anyone would have liked but as you say he always came across as a model pro, a good guy who contributed in fits and starts. His reaction to scoring his first goal will live long in my memory. It wasn't the reaction of someone who was just here to pick up a pay check. It was that of someone who really wanted to succeed.

He goes with my best wishes.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Definitely doesn't fall into the Locadia category for me. He was desperate to succeed, probably so much so that it had a negative impact on his game. Coming in to a very defensive-minded Hughton team and effectively playing as a wing-back can't have helped him. He needs a fresh start and I hope it comes off for him over there.

On another note, we've done bloody well to recoup £5m if that figure's accurate.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Is it down to the recruitment department, and I understand the guilty parties are long gone, that said the only positive has to be that the Albion learn from their mistakes and don't end up spunking £50million plus again in the Low Countries.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
An absolutely credit to the club even though at the end of the day he was an expensive player who didn't work out.

I am happy to slag off DJs who stroll about the pitch and moan to the press, and players with more tabloid tales than goals, but you'll not hear a bad word about Alireza from me.

I wish him all the best in his move and for his future career.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Really hope it works for him, its been really tough for him but he always get glowing credit from GP and team mates.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

This.

I don't like him being lumped in with Locadia as a waste of money. It's not worked out as anyone would have liked but as you say he always came across as a model pro, a good guy who contributed in fits and starts. His reaction to scoring his first goal will live long in my memory. It wasn't the reaction of someone who was just here to pick up a pay check. It was that of someone who really wanted to succeed.

He goes with my best wishes.

Absolutely.

For one reason or another he’s a transfer flop… it happens for various reasons. And to good players sometimes even.

But certainly not due to lack of attitude or professionalism. Like you I remember that day when he scored at the Amex(Bournemouth?). The emotion he showed was as genuine as it gets, everyone was so happy for him. And that Chelsea goal is probably one of the best we’ve scored in the PL.

He’s a first class human being and I wish him the absolute best in his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports