Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Have a Dutch mate here who is a massive Feyenoord fan. Was pinging me after 2nd goal, telling me we were robbed. Told him to give it a couple of weeks and he will be injured. Thinks I've placed a curse on him

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good for him.......deserves some 'happy time'. Model professional for us, nice to see him hit the ground running. Hope the Injury not too serious.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Scored twice in the first 34 minutes on his debut tonight in the Europa Conference League

Sounds like Brighton’s version of our Alexander Sørloth. :)

Couldn’t hit a barn door for us and then went on loan to became Trabzonspor’s top-scoring foreign player with 29 goals in a single season.

[as an aside, Sørloth, was subsequently sold to RB Leipzig where he is currently scoring a phenomenal one goal every five games…]

Dec 29, 2011

Couldn’t hit a barn door for us and then went on loan to became Trabzonspor’s top-scoring foreign player with 29 goals in a single season.

[as an aside, Sørloth, was subsequently sold to RB Leipzig where he is currently scoring a phenomenal one goal every five games…]

I think it shows the gulf in quality between certain leagues.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Sorloth's cameo at the Amex in the 10 men game is up there with the most pathetic football performances ever.

What I'm getting from this thread is confirmation of why the Turkish and Dutch leagues aren't as good as the Premier League (which your final sentence more than alludes to).

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Well done Ali. Good move for him, will feature and score regularly when fit over there.

Could never live with both the physicality and tempo of the PL but gave a lot trying.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This Ali J seems to be exactly the right fit for us: young, quick, versatile and knows how to score goals. Why haven't we been in for him? What have the Recruitment Team been doing all summer?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Hardly surprising he is scoring in that league after all that is the reason that attracted us to buying him. Sadly as been proved in his time with us under two different managers he could not take the step up in what is a far more demanding league.

Whilst we count the losses relating to his time with us he will be back scoring for fun in a league that suits his style of play. Good luck to him and (unlike Jurg) always looked like he was desperate to get in first team so hard to not wish him well at his new club.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here