[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really?! Expected better of you than that Harry.

He was scouting for Brighton a while ago but not now. He spotted Walton for example.

Yes but his opinion of Ali J is still shit.

And his scouting for Brighton doesn't mean he's right, any more than his demons mean he's wrong. I mentioned them for balance.

But he is wrong.

Anyway.....

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I’m not an Economist, but having just read a bit about it, he had difficult times to deal with and a less than competent Treasury staff.

Plenty of people would say or have written that he was (one of) the best Prime Ministers we never had.[/QUOTE

All Labour ministers have trouble in the Treasury , because they have not got a clue about budgets , all they all do is spend , spend , spend , especially money the country has not got , which is why every Labour government has left the country in debt

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Aspinall is a clueless chancer on a MIckey Mouse radio station.

Come on .. W A at least has the club at heart and is certainly not clueless. His opinions stand with anyone’s . Perhaps they just differ from yours? Radio Sussex is part of the mighty BBC and is invaluable to me for providing full commentaries of all Albion matches.
I’d rather listen to them than suffer the sneering put downs from national pundits, always on the side of the big club.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’m not an Economist, but having just read a bit about it, he had difficult times to deal with and a less than competent Treasury staff.

Plenty of people would say or have written that he was (one of) the best Prime Ministers we never had.

Part of the government that took the country to the brink of bankruptcy, needing to go to the IMF for a bail out.

I very wouldn’t say those times were anything like those we face now.

Perhaps he just wasn’t good at finance [emoji6][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

Yes but his opinion of Ali J is still shit.

And his scouting for Brighton doesn't mean he's right, any more than his demons mean he's wrong. I mentioned them for balance.

But he is wrong.

Anyway.....

Oh no he’s not [emoji23][emoji23]

Just in case I get the call

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
AJ had a half chance on the edge of the box and made the keeper make a save.
He also massively missed one in a similar position when he slipped.

I don't think he's the missing ingredient, but neither do I think he's not good enough.

I would like to see more of his shoot on sight mentality, than "Let's see if we can walk it around 5 Premier league defenders".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
AJ had a half chance on the edge of the box and made the keeper make a save.
He also massively missed one in a similar position when he slipped.

I don't think he's the missing ingredient, but neither do I think he's not good enough.

I would like to see more of his shoot on sight mentality, than "Let's see if we can walk it around 5 Premier league defenders".

Yep, Bissouma also gave up on waiting for the forwards to make things happen and hit some wild shots too. A mishit or off target shot may not be great but it beats fannying about with the ball and eventually losing it without even making an attempt to shoot

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yep, Bissouma also gave up on waiting for the forwards to make things happen and hit some wild shots too. A mishit or off target shot may not be great but it beats fannying about with the ball and eventually losing it without even making an attempt to shoot

Yeah good point. You could see exactly what he was thinking.

Whatever anyone thinks about AJ, surely no one doubts his ability to hit a shot.

Probably first sub, when we're losing. is his best position in the squad at the moment.
Hopefully the club are also working on his strength, like they did with Solly.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Plenty of people would say or have written that he was (one of) the best Prime Ministers we never had.[/QUOTE

All Labour ministers have trouble in the Treasury , because they have not got a clue about budgets , all they all do is spend , spend , spend , especially money the country has not got , which is why every Labour government has left the country in debt

....... which is exactly what Sunak and the rest of them are doing at the moment.......

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Part of the government that took the country to the brink of bankruptcy, needing to go to the IMF for a bail out.

I very wouldn’t say those times were anything like those we face now.

Perhaps he just wasn’t good at finance [emoji6][emoji2]

I think the odds were stacked against him, but whatever.........

........ we maybe in unprecedented times now, but how many billions, yes, BILLIONS, have been spaffed up the wall on an almost useless track and trace system and failures in provision on PPE. Dennis Healey would have done it better, he was a wartime logistics expert from the army,

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
I wonder how it would have played out for AJ if he had moved to Leicester, I believe we would be seeing a different player, playing in an established top six team, high on confidence with quality throughout the side.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Every government has left the country in debt. Let that sink into your head.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Every government has left the country in debt. Let that sink into your head.

I’m well aware of that, and I’m ok with it. No problem with borrowing, especially when rates are low as they are at the moment, but you still need to think about what it is being spent on.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think the odds were stacked against him, but whatever.........

........ we maybe in unprecedented times now, but how many billions, yes, BILLIONS, have been spaffed up the wall on an almost useless track and trace system and failures in provision on PPE. Dennis Healey would have done it better, he was a wartime logistics expert from the army,

They really weren’t.

Re COVID - Highly debatable re Healy - but sadly I can’t comment on CV-19.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I wonder how it would have played out for AJ if he had moved to Leicester, I believe we would be seeing a different player, playing in an established top six team, high on confidence with quality throughout the side.

Leicester have changed manager at least once since we signed Alireza, but I definitely think he'd have been used wide right in a standard formation far more often and he certainly would have contributed a lot more.

We were keen to play Knockaert in his favoured position, despite his output, and have Jahanbakhsh babysitting Bong in that first season. Waste of talent. Now we've got him playing as a number 10 or support striker role when really the man wants to be wide on the right, whipping in crosses and getting shots off. That's his game, we paid a lot of money to buy him - we've paid him a lot of money every week to be here. Are you telling me that Maupay doesn't want Jahanbakhsh supplying him from the wing? Welbeck doesn't fancy getting on the end of his crosses? Connolly doesn't want to watch him score worldie overhead kicks? Come on, Potter - show some humility and ditch the pudding formations.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All Labour ministers have trouble in the Treasury , because they have not got a clue about budgets , all they all do is spend , spend , spend , especially money the country has not got , which is why every Labour government has left the country in debt.

And it is also possible that the reason Labour ministers have trouble with the Treasury is down to the innately conservative Treasury mandarins who go out of their way not to make it easy for them!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Leicester have changed manager at least once since we signed Alireza, but I definitely think he'd have been used wide right in a standard formation far more often and he certainly would have contributed a lot more.

We were keen to play Knockaert in his favoured position, despite his output, and have Jahanbakhsh babysitting Bong in that first season. Waste of talent. Now we've got him playing as a number 10 or support striker role when really the man wants to be wide on the right, whipping in crosses and getting shots off. That's his game, we paid a lot of money to buy him - we've paid him a lot of money every week to be here. Are you telling me that Maupay doesn't want Jahanbakhsh supplying him from the wing? Welbeck doesn't fancy getting on the end of his crosses? Connolly doesn't want to watch him score worldie overhead kicks? Come on, Potter - show some humility and ditch the pudding formations.

You almost had me believing we have the type of strikers that get on the end of crosses for a minute there. If I substitute in ‘would I like to see Ali J whipping in crosses for our forwards to watch across the six yard line and out for a throw in’ then I can imagine it a bit easier

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports