Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Being patient? The guy couldn’t even make it to the bench most games. Rightly or wrongly he wasn’t given a chance since his comeback.

The other way of looking at that is that the squad is more competitive now.
I don’t want to bash him Too much ....I really really wanted him to do well and was so pleased he got those goals.
You also put up a strong case Vagabond.
In the right team, in the right league I believe he might do very well.
Not us , now, though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I look forward to watching him play in the Champions League. Our treatment of him has been nothing more than a joke. This time next season, this thread will have a very different context.

I agree. Probably the most gifted player in the squad.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
This situation is unlike any other player that has moved on. . Whilst not PL standard the Dutch league is good and he must have something. When he played a few games this season and did well including 2 goals we all thought this is it. But never to be seen again. Why ? What is point of paying all that money and never giving him a run. Prob summed up that criticism I have about Potter is that when he plays March it is not because of what he can achieves in attack but because he is good in defence. Dont see Klopp leaving Salah out because he doesnt defend well

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
This situation is unlike any other player that has moved on. . Whilst not PL standard the Dutch league is good and he must have something. When he played a few games this season and did well including 2 goals we all thought this is it. But never to be seen again. Why ? What is point of paying all that money and never giving him a run. Prob summed up that criticism I have about Potter is that when he plays March it is not because of what he can achieves in attack but because he is good in defence. Dont see Klopp leaving Salah out because he doesnt defend well

But salah has Trent Alexander-Arnold behind him, rather than The Greyhound.
Re Ali. He’s one of those That will look a lot better in a dominant team. More than most.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Any attacker looks better in a dominating team

Of course. Any player looks better in a better team.
Some will make things happen whatever team they are in though.
I don’t think Ali J is one of those.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton

But he has had a run, he's played under Hughton and some games under Potter and neither thought he was up to it. No doubt he looked a bit brighter under Potter at times but throughout his time here he has mostly been a passenger when he's on the pitch. It's a shame as he's a good guy with obvious talent but, for me, he's not a good fit for the PL. No doubt he'll go to a good team in a poor league and look the business. He could well end up in a similar position to Dusan Tadic. Frustrating time at Staines then went to Ajax and looked top class. I just hope we get some money back and don't end up paying loads of his wages for the rest of his contract.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019

I'd have like to have seen him have to run of games playing up front alongside Maupay rather than out wide. It's clear he has an eye for goal and the squad lacks goal scorers.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
But he has had a run, he's played under Hughton and some games under Potter and neither thought he was up to it. No doubt he looked a bit brighter under Potter at times but throughout his time here he has mostly been a passenger when he's on the pitch. It's a shame as he's a good guy with obvious talent but, for me, he's not a good fit for the PL. No doubt he'll go to a good team in a poor league and look the business. He could well end up in a similar position to Dusan Tadic. Frustrating time at Staines then went to Ajax and looked top class. I just hope we get some money back and don't end up paying loads of his wages for the rest of his contract.

Bit different Tadic played 130 games for Southampton and Ajax paid a lot of money for him

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mrs T says 'why is your avatar Bob Ross?'.

I have absolutely no idea what she's on about (she's an artist).

I thought it was a young Alan Sugar :shrug:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Got the feeling from Potter interview that Ali might be off.. hope Im wrong, but that was my gut feeling when he was talking about him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
TBH, I wondered that too ...............

Never having seen him, I was introduced to his ouvre yesterday evening. Man paints chintzy landscapes while describing their construction in the accent of someone who is just packed away a couple of automatic rifles and is now on his way to a lynching. Yes, I was disconcerted. :lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A00557D0-FD02-49E3-A94C-F49760D71362.png

I don’t know how reliable this site is, but it has 18.5 k followers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here