Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The mind boggles why he was dropped after the Bournemouth and Chelsea games Christmas

If ever a player deserved a run he never got it was Ali J imo. BUT both CH and GP decided he wasn’t up to scratch for whatever reason. I actually do get why CH didn’t play him but I have absolutely no idea why GP hasn’t. Gross and March have both had decent runs and neither come close to AJ in knowing where the onion bag is.

I can only think he keeps making passes at the managers wives or daughters :lolol:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
After B'muff & Chelski I really thought AJ had finally broken through and was set to be an integral part of the team.
Maybe there really is an underlying non football reason such as him being the secret Premier league gay footballer and the club thinking 'we get enough stick without this coming out!!!'
Then wouldn't / shouldn't we be the club that supports a gay player?

I really wouldn't mind one way or the other & I have friends who would have instantly become Albion supporters if this were true but I guess we'll never know.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Forget the whys and the wherefores, and never mind the perceived rights and wrongs, the only relevant fact is that it hasn't worked out for him here. Best for both us and him to move him on. Can't see any takers over here after the way things have gone at the Albion - back to Holland then. Sooner the better all round, surely?

If he is not going to get much game time i could understand if he went .Strange why he has not played more i rated him as decent player could get goals and put crosses in .If you compare with Trossard for example on the left side who has popped with a few goals but can be very wasteful with his shooting mostly from his right foot but always plays .I thought GP could have tried both players with Maupey as a three .It`s all about players being effective in a game AJ certainly was against Chelsea .We have got other players who have not scored many goals this is why we were in trouble ,good in defense apart from against the big teams but relying on Maupey and Trossard to score .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he is not going to get much game time i could understand if he went .Strange why he has not played more i rated him as decent player could get goals and put crosses in .If you compare with Trossard for example on the left side who has popped with a few goals but can be very wasteful with his shooting mostly from his right foot but always plays .I thought GP could have tried both players with Maupey as a three .It`s all about players being effective in a game AJ certainly was against Chelsea .We have got other players who have not scored many goals this is why we were in trouble ,good in defense apart from against the big teams but relying on Maupey and Trossard to score .

It doesn't matter what we think. Two managers, with widely divergent styles, have consistently chosen to leave him out. Whatever the rights and wrongs, his time with us has not been successful; therefore it's time for us to cut our losses and for him to move on to somewhere he may be able to succeed.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It doesn't matter what we think. Two managers, with widely divergent styles, have consistently chosen to leave him out. Whatever the rights and wrongs, his time with us has not been successful; therefore it's time for us to cut our losses and for him to move on to somewhere he may be able to succeed.

Injured for the last couple of games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

albion68

Oct 27, 2011

This sort of thing does happen a lot in football with some players not getting enough minutes .I think we payed 17 Mill so it would be interesting to see what he would go for .I think the way forward is to get more pace in midfield and more technical players which we will have with the likes of Alzate and Ben White .When you look at Man City for example they keep the ball in tight spaces for example through good technical players .But to get to a higher level is the difficult bit so we can keep away from the Relegation Zone .

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Although true, you also have to take into account that for Hughton to play AJ, he'd have to drop his son (Solly March) and also change completely the way he used wingers i.e. as defensive cover. Added to that, Potter doesn't play wingers and used the fullbacks for width. He's just one of those signings that never fit the system of the day.

Either way, you're right: His time here has been largely unsuccessful and he'll be on his way to Holland this summer.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Why would he want to stay. Very hard to understand why has not had a run. Look at how many games Stevens, Propper, Gross and March have played and many poor games by them. When Ali played those couple of games he was positive in interviews so doesnt sound non football reasons.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I look forward to watching him play in the Champions League. Our treatment of him has been nothing more than a joke. This time next season, this thread will have a very different context.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Blimey if we can get our money back , or even anything close to it, we should bite their hands off,
I’ve seen enough of Ali to see that he has some talent but he will never be consistently effective in the premier league.
And to those who say he’s been treated badly by the club - nonsense, the club and fans have been very patient.
It’s just not going to work out.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well as I’ve said a few times on this thread, there has to be more to this story that will one day come out.

Has been a good pro, displayed excellent character, never once threw his toys out the pram. He played excellent games in his comeback this season, scored our best ever goal in this league and you expected him to kick on. But never got a look in the side since.

Would be fair enough if he was being kept out by players on a great run, but we had a poor run of performances from Gross, Mooy, Propper and even Solly.

Seems crazy to me that AJ couldn’t even make the bench ahead of those guys. Wish him all the best, he deserves better.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'd love to keep him. But we'll probably sell.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Blimey if we can get our money back , or even anything close to it, we should bite their hands off,
I’ve seen enough of Ali to see that he has some talent but he will never be consistently effective in the premier league.
And to those who say he’s been treated badly by the club - nonsense, the club and fans have been very patient.
It’s just not going to work out.

Being patient? The guy couldn’t even make it to the bench most games. Rightly or wrongly he wasn’t given a chance since his comeback.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here