Alien Abduction meeeting in Brighton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What!? I'm the retard?

So please explain to me what a leap year is all about then you complete plonker (and that's coming from me)

We have leap years because instead of 365 days, the Earth really takes a few minutes less than 365-1/4 days (365.24219) to go completely around the Sun. Seriously chap, you need to return to school and learn stuff.

365 is not quite the arbitrary number I may have suggested, that's how long the earth takes to revolve around the sun but you get the gist. Actually, I'm certain you won't.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I haven't met a single person who after taking a decent dose of DMT hasn't had their entire conception of existence changed. People always come out of it realising there is way much more going on around us than what our 'normal' senses have evolved to rely on. As humans we no longer need our senses to block out the stuff that is not purely concerned with our survival as creatures competing on this planet, we are the dominant species. Maybe we should be dusting off our pineal glands and exploring their potential.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
We have leap years because instead of 365 days, the Earth really takes a few minutes less than 365-1/4 days (365.24219) to go completely around the Sun. Seriously chap, you need to return to school and learn stuff.

Me return to school? You're the one who thinks astrology and astronomy are the same thing whilst you assume people just decided how many days are in a year!?

But go on, keep telling me how stupid I am....

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Me return to school? You're the one who thinks astrology and astronomy are the same thing whilst you assume people just decided how many days are in a year!?

But go on, keep telling me how stupid I am....

Typo, not confusion.

And I am aware we didn't just pluck a number out of the air dimwit, we decided on that being a year, a unit of measurement. You're crashing and burning spectacularly on this issue old bean, I'd eject if I were you before you slam into an office block.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
People 'did' decide, ffs!

No they didn't just decide off the top of their heads to make a year 365 days.
Research a bit about the mayans. (not the conspiracy stuff)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Okay then ....
I've done/doing 9 of those, failed/failing 11, and 1 is half and half. I knew music was important, but didn't realise it had to be specific artists.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I've done/doing 9 of those, failed/failing 11, and 1 is half and half. I knew music was important, but didn't realise it had to be specific artists.

Well it does! now get back to that list and come back when you've done em all!!!!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
No they didn't just decide off the top of their heads to make a year 365 days.
Research a bit about the mayans. (not the conspiracy stuff)

It was a convenient number to choose. It could just as easily been every fourth revolution of the Earth around the Sun, if it suited.
Christ on a bicycle.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think one of the reasons that we like conspiracy theories is I think that we like to feel like there is a group of people who are so smart and powerful that they can pull the wool over an entire country or in fact even an entire world's eyes. That certainly makes us feel like somehow we're protected, even if it's not in our best interest.

Jason Ritter

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Here's some education for you: We didn't figure out how many days are in a year, we decided. There wasn't a secret, unknown figure waiting to be discovered. We decided on it and assigned that figure the word "year". Get a ****ing clue you total, total retard.
Holy shit, I'm with The Truth on this one. Has someone popped something in my drink? You may not have meant what you said Nibble, but a year had 365 days in it long before we realised (yes, we assigned a word to it).

I haven't met a single person who after taking a decent dose of DMT hasn't had their entire conception of existence changed. People always come out of it realising there is way much more going on around us than what our 'normal' senses have evolved to rely on.
Realising? People get high and imagine all sorts of shit. But what they imagine doesn't match up with what others imagine.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I haven't met a single person who after taking a decent dose of DMT hasn't had their entire conception of existence changed. People always come out of it realising there is way much more going on around us than what our 'normal' senses have evolved to rely on. As humans we no longer need our senses to block out the stuff that is not purely concerned with our survival as creatures competing on this planet, we are the dominant species. Maybe we should be dusting off our pineal glands and exploring their potential.

Wasn't it Dr Strassman who's theory linked DMT and the pineal gland with 'the spirit molecule' who stopped his own clinical studies of the drug because an intuitive friend said that they saw evil spirits hovering over him who wanted to use him as a conduit from their plane of existence to this. They found that DMT can be sinister stuff in terms of what it can do to the mind. Panic attacks also a common side effect. The theory is that DMT is released naturally during sleep helping the dream process, however who has woken up terrified from a dream?

I'd probably give it a whirl though....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Holy shit, I'm with The Truth on this one. Has someone popped something in my drink? You may not have meant what you said Nibble, but a year had 365 days in it long before we realised (yes, we assigned a word to it).

Realising? People get high and imagine all sorts of shit. But what they imagine doesn't match up with what others imagine.

No, A year didn't mean anything. A year? What does that mean? Well the sun takes 365 days to go round the sun so that can be a "year". Cool. What's a day? 24 hours. Cool. What's an hour? You see what I'm getting at? Measurements of anything are meaningless unless assigned a meaning by us.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

And I suppose that a minute had 60 seconds, an hour had 60 minutes and there were 24 hours in a day, too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports