Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ali J to get his chance soon?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I hope he does get a chance as there does appear to be a good player in there, but so far he hasn't shown it very well. Considering how busy we are between now and the New Year if he doesn't get some game time we'll know he just doesn't fit Potters style. His best position is on the left of a front 3, so let's see if he is used there at all.

And spent very few minutes on the pitch in his strongest position. And playing in a team so heavily restricted it suited nobody, except perhaps our centre backs. Play him on the right wing and see him roar.

Left wing - Right wing...

Very topical with regard to his best position. :moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Left wing - Right wing...

Very topical with regard to his best position. :moo:

I believe this is what Ninja is referring too:-

2019-05-jahanbakhsh-heatmap-800x445.jpg

It's certainly the Ali J life-raft I'm clinging on to.
Although I do believe Winslett is going to push me from it, any minute now.

C'est la vie.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
He's an Albion, and as we know all the Albion fans will get behind him, no matter what.
Oh wait :facepalm:
Really do hope he gets his chance :thumbsup:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He's an Albion, and as we know all the Albion fans will get behind him, no matter what.
Oh wait :facepalm:
Really do hope he gets his chance :thumbsup:

Here’s the thing, there isn’t a true Albion fan alive that would want him to fail, but expecting fans to not believe what they’ve witnessed with their own eyes is a bit silly. We all want him to be a roaring success, we’d love to see him cutting in from the flank and hitting absolute shitpingers into the top corner, but so far he’s hit the crossbar. That’s it, that’s the one highlight we have in Albion colours. There’s nobody booing him, there’s no vitriolic campaigns or agendas against him, he just hasn’t been very good, how much of that is his fault I don’t know, but if Potter thought there was a player there I’m sure he’d have picked him by now. The cynic in me has me believing that the “good attitude in training” sound bites we keep hearing are in preparation for his departure in January.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Here’s the thing, there isn’t a true Albion fan alive that would want him to fail, but expecting fans to not believe what they’ve witnessed with their own eyes is a bit silly. We all want him to be a roaring success, we’d love to see him cutting in from the flank and hitting absolute shitpingers into the top corner, but so far he’s hit the crossbar. That’s it, that’s the one highlight we have in Albion colours. There’s nobody booing him, there’s no vitriolic campaigns or agendas against him, he just hasn’t been very good, how much of that is his fault I don’t know, but if Potter thought there was a player there I’m sure he’d have picked him by now. The cynic in me has me believing that the “good attitude in training” sound bites we keep hearing are in preparation for his departure in January.

Well put sir :thumbsup:

AJ was one of the first players Albion bought that had loads of zeros on the price tag.
For a club of our size, that is immense, so for all the others that zeros on their CV, I hope he does come through.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If El Gago and Biss can get a look in surely AJ has a hope.

The difference is that both have had good games for us in the past. Ali J hasn’t even registered an assist.

All this talk about giving him his chance is perplexing as he had plenty of minutes last season. I’m sure he gives his all and has a professional attitude to training, but there’s no reason to believe that he will ever make the step up from the Dutch league to the Premier League.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Off the bench tomorrow to score the winner, with a national holiday declared in Iran on Friday to continue the celebration.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Indeed. And if AJ features against Arsenal (or anyone else) and scores an absolute worldie to win us the game I shall smile benignly on any "Hah! Where are all the AJ knockers now? That shut shut you up didn't it?" thread that his loyal fans will joyously (if a tad desperately) start.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
If not playing with a striker in the mould of ''Murray'' - I would play him ahead of Maupay. He is a much better player and finisher than he is

I would disagree that he's a better player and finisher on the basis that GPott wants his best team out there and AJ has not featured at all and GPott sees them both in training every day.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We've got the J, Alireza J
I just don't think I understand
He hasn't scored a goal
Or helped with an assist
But he's still with us somehow anyway

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Song for the New Year?

He's an Iranian
Ali's an Iranian
He's an Iranian on loan at Whitehawk.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not had the chance??

Has he stopped going to training then?

That's the bizarre thing about these "not given a chance" claims.

It supposes Ali J is absolutely tearing it up in training, yet Potter is saying "Nah, not for me Clive".

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's the bizarre thing about these "not given a chance" claims.

It supposes Ali J is absolutely tearing it up in training, yet Potter is saying "Nah, not for me Clive".

The supposition does appear to be that Potter, and all his staff are simply missing what AJ has to offer each day. If only they'd look at the heat maps!!?? :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here