Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ali J to get his chance soon?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I hope he gets the chance too. We have spent far too much money on him not to give him a run in the team

With respect, if Potter believes he’s not good enough then I would really hope Alireza wouldn’t be picked just because he was expensive. The lack of game time this far suggests Potter isn’t sold on him, if the club has to take a hit on the fee then so be it, but let’s not compromise the team just because someone in recruitment dropped a clanger.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
With respect, if Potter believes he’s not good enough then I would really hope Alireza wouldn’t be picked just because he was expensive. The lack of game time this far suggests Potter isn’t sold on him, if the club has to take a hit on the fee then so be it, but let’s not compromise the team just because someone in recruitment dropped a clanger.

Re, the recruitment. The fact that Leicester were also in for him and their recruitment seems to be pretty rock solid says to me, that this one should be put down, to “some work out, some don’t” rather than incompetence.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If El Gago and Biss can get a look in surely AJ has a hope.

I guess the difference here is that Schelotto is the only other right back in the team, and we only have a few central midfielders which puts Bissouma at the front of the queue by default. We have options in Alzate, Mooy, March, Groß and Trossard who are all further up the pecking order than Jahanbakhsh.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
How very dare you...

What do you mean an arse on THIS SUBJECT.

I have a reputation to uphold.

I note you were sure to get that in, before a whole host of people reminded Bozza that no qualification to his statement was necessary

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I guess the difference here is that Schelotto is the only other right back in the team, and we only have a few central midfielders which puts Bissouma at the front of the queue by default. We have options in Alzate, Mooy, March, Groß and Trossard who are all further up the pecking order than Jahanbakhsh.

This is what essentially I think Potterball is about in my opinion. Players that can apply themselves to a variety of roles and positions, that respond to tactical versatility.

In a twist of irony, it was Hughton that gave Ali J more of a chance because he wanted more tactical rigidity than Potter does. I don't think Potter wants a player that simply has a Goldilocks position of the left side of a front 3. I don't think he works in such absolutes. You have to be able to do that AND slot in as a wingback seemlessly within the flow of the game if necessary because he might decide to change it all in the middle of a half.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hopefully you can delete this from the big board before all the mods see it and come steaming in full of negativity and bile.

I'm not a mod, but I'm going to spout the same negativity and bile about AJ that I've spouted on other threads:

I hope he gets his chance and I really hope he shines. We've invested a lot of time and money in him and it would be brilliant if it turns out to not be totally wasted - which currently I think is the case. From what I've seen of him so far, I don't think he'll ever be able to adjust to the PL, but I would love to be proved wrong. I'm guessing GP, like CH before him, also has similar doubts otherwise he would have featured more than he has.

There. I'm really sorry you had to read such hate-filled bile.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He hasn't failed, he just hasn't had the chance to succeed yet.

Spanish Dave had his moment and became untouchable. And so it will be with future Brighton legend, Alireza Jahanbakhsh.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think he's going to get his chance, grab it with both hands and feet and rip the whole of the PL a new one.

Albion Player of the Season 19/20 – you heard it here first*

*And probably last – I can't see any of that actually happening

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] & Da Modz at the moment they're getting it from all directions from a whole series of ********s.

So now clearly isn't the time for some old skool royster-doystering from one of their biggest fans.

So I shall wind my neck in.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
And spent very few minutes on the pitch in his strongest position. And playing in a team so heavily restricted it suited nobody, except perhaps our centre backs. Play him on the right wing and see him roar.

Agreed. Let's hope GP has been working on getting him up to speed with all things 'potterball' and AJ responds with better performances. Let's see. :albion2:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If not playing with a striker in the mould of ''Murray'' - I would play him ahead of Maupay. He is a much better player and finisher than he is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here