Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - Welcome To The Premier League

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Only a glimpse, but you could see that he could have a bit of a world class about him. There were moments where you could see he could read the game on another level. A half-second ahead of the rest of our players. The last time we saw that was with Vicente.

I know it's just a glimpse, but I do predict he will be a top player, probably at a different club; but if we stay up, you never know, it could be with us.

So you could tell from the few minutes he spent on the pitch, that he was 'world class' could you?

:ffsparr:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Got to be March over Trossard as I personally feel Trossard offers more going forward and that is where we are lacking. I feel like Trossard would have buried the last two he set Solly up for.
Plus at least Trossard can cross for christ sake...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Defends very well and puts in a shift. Gonna say it again...the most frustrating attacking player I can remember though. He seems to make the wrong decision time after time. I know Trossard looks lightweight but he puts in at least one quality goal scoring opportunity every game. He also twists and turns and makes incisive passes. If one has to be dropped it’s March for me, he has had two reasonable goal scoring opportunities in the last two games and has failed to even work the keeper
He has 3 good opportunities to score against 'them'... waster.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He showed me in the 10 minutes he was on the pitch that he doesn’t need time to adjust. Ball control and delivery of dead balls was a level up.

Would prefer to see him in the centre at top of a diamond in front of Biss and Propper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Spot on

March’s future depends on a positional change in my opinion.

I thought Potter had worked him out when he started the season as a wing back.... thought it could be a role that suited him and that he could grow into.

Agree I think he’s a left wing back he defends well can offer something going forward but not as part of a front 3

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Which begs the question why all the “he needs time to adjust” crap? Players who are born leaders just get on with it.

Imagine if Barca had done the same with Messi?

Messi joined Barcelona at the age of 13, he didn’t make his debut for the first team until he was 17, it’s not a good comparison.

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Whilst what you are saying is true .... Solly again showed going forward that he just isn’t good enough.

One dreadful cross.... two horrifically misplaced passes in the final 1/3 and again another disappointing shot.

He does have ability but not as a right winger.

Unfortunately for Solly he just hasn’t got any bollocks. He will never succeed at the very highest level because the lacks the one thing you really need to be an elite level athlete, belief and confidence in yourself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No. Because for some reason he was played on the left

Interesting.

Another little twig on the fire that is my theory Ali isn't 'total football' enough to be fully embraced into Potterball! (That's a hell of a sentence :lol: )

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If there's a perfect game for Ally Mac to start in, it's against Arsenal's midfield lightweights.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Unfortunately for Solly he just hasn’t got any bollocks. He will never succeed at the very highest level because the lacks the one thing you really need to be an elite level athlete, belief and confidence in yourself.

Spot on. It's such a shame as he plainly has great ability and we all want him to do well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only a glimpse, but you could see that he could have a bit of a world class about him. There were moments where you could see he could read the game on another level. A half-second ahead of the rest of our players. The last time we saw that was with Vicente.

I know it's just a glimpse, but I do predict he will be a top player, probably at a different club; but if we stay up, you never know, it could be with us.

*cough* Ali J *cough*. So much so that 90% of our support miss what he does.

Anyway, good thread and very cheering :thumbsup:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Perhaps, just perhaps the team were not ready for him? Rather than, Mac not being ready for the team !

He is on a different (higher) level than most of our other players.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think his woeful finishing and being too one-footed are the main issues, it’s not a lack of belief.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
I would drop Trossard and Propper. Trossard has done well coming off the bench. I'd start Alzate in place of Propper and AJ in place of Trossard (playing him more as a striker alongside Maupay, as Maupay doesn't seem to do well up front on his own). And I'd stick Burn in his natural CB positiona and play Bernardo at LB.

AJ Maupay
MacA
Mooy Bissouma Alzate
Bernardo Burn Dunk Montoya
Ryan

edit: actually I'd probably prefer Dunk-Duffy partnership at CB, at least Duffy might get us some goals from set pieces, we miss his aerial threat.

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I would drop Trossard and Propper. Trossard has done well coming off the bench. I'd start Alzate in place of Propper and AJ in place of Trossard (playing him more as a striker alongside Maupay, as Maupay doesn't seem to do well up front on his own). And I'd stick Burn in his natural CB positiona and play Bernardo at LB.

AJ Maupay
MacA
Mooy Bissouma Alzate
Bernardo Burn Dunk Montoya
Ryan

edit: actually I'd probably prefer Dunk-Duffy partnership at CB, at least Duffy might get us some goals from set pieces, we miss his aerial threat.

Trossard who created 3 great chances yesterday ?

Alzate in I agree with, for Mooy
Ali J in for March

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here