Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - Welcome To The Premier League

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Mac pushed biss away from a free kick about 3 minutes into his debut. Definitely not the shy and retiring type. This is the kind of swagger we've been missing. Leaders.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Congratulations - set a challenge on the main Mac thread for who would be first to claim Mac was best player we'd ever had and how long it would take. Think this post qualifies after a surprisingly short 10 minutes. Next target is for how long it will take to say he's shithouse.

That Mac lad is shithouse on the evidence Ive seen

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Mac pushed biss away from a free kick about 3 minutes into his debut. Definitely not the shy and retiring type. This is the kind of swagger we've been missing. Leaders.

After seeing Biss' woeful shooting first hand I don't blame him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Obviously I hope he's brilliant for us. But having seen similar threads that elevated players like Trossard to messianic status I'll wait a few matches before paying homage.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Think Solly gets way too much shiet, he was really important especially in the second half. His hard work prevented Wolves from abusing Montoyas yellow.
I agree. Think Solly is one of the few players who puts in a shift whenever he is picked. His does need to practice his crossing though

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I agree. Think Solly is one of the few players who puts in a shift whenever he is picked. His does need to practice his crossing though

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

He and Bissouma should spend extra time on the training ground together. "March puts a deep cross into the box, Bissouma gets on the end of it and fires it into the back of the net...."

Oh, if only!

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Looked good. A faster version of Mooy! Although I still think Trossard is too lightweight to start, especially away from home.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seeing him, Pröpper and Ali J all on the pitch at once was so nice - neat, classy players with beautiful technique. Missed a bit of this since Bruno went.

I was at work yesterday, so this is a genuine question (with an agenda!).

Was Ali on the pitch long enough to put in one of his, fast becoming trademark, 'crosses like that is what we've been crying out for all game', low hard drives, curled in, 8 yards out from goal?

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon

Was Ali on the pitch long enough to put in one of his, fast becoming trademark, 'crosses like that is what we've been crying out for all game', low hard drives, curled in, 8 yards out from goal?

Not even long enough for an overhead kick.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

No. Because for some reason he was played on the left

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mooy was amazeballs before he got his permanent contract and has been shocking since. Dropping him for a game might kick some life into him.

He didn’t have a bad game yesterday but he does seem to slow things up when we are attacking. I’m sure he wasn’t as ponderous and so easy to read earlier in the season. Maybe he hast lost confidence. I think Potter may well start with Mac Allister next week

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Great start from him. I’m keeping my powder dry for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Who would you drop....considering today we had the unusual occurrence of the same team for consecutive games and event a creditable point

Aaron Mooy - but playing a touch higher, behind Maupay - MacAllister’s actual position.

The two wingers - any two of Trossard, March or Alireza - wide in a flatter midfield. Bit of a quandary those three as all of them seem more effective off the bench.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Only a glimpse, but you could see that he could have a bit of a world class about him. There were moments where you could see he could read the game on another level. A half-second ahead of the rest of our players. The last time we saw that was with Vicente.

I know it's just a glimpse, but I do predict he will be a top player, probably at a different club; but if we stay up, you never know, it could be with us.

Is this post for real? Or ironic? Genuine question.

He looked quite promising, not world class.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Think Solly gets way too much shiet, he was really important especially in the second half. His hard work prevented Wolves from abusing Montoyas yellow.

Whilst what you are saying is true .... Solly again showed going forward that he just isn’t good enough.

One dreadful cross.... two horrifically misplaced passes in the final 1/3 and again another disappointing shot.

He does have ability but not as a right winger.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Which begs the question why all the “he needs time to adjust” crap? Players who are born leaders just get on with it.

Imagine if Barca had done the same with Messi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whilst what you are saying is true .... Solly again showed going forward that he just isn’t good enough.

One dreadful cross.... two horrifically misplaced passes in the final 1/3 and again another disappointing shot.

He does have ability but not as a right winger.

Defends very well and puts in a shift. Gonna say it again...the most frustrating attacking player I can remember though. He seems to make the wrong decision time after time. I know Trossard looks lightweight but he puts in at least one quality goal scoring opportunity every game. He also twists and turns and makes incisive passes. If one has to be dropped it’s March for me, he has had two reasonable goal scoring opportunities in the last two games and has failed to even work the keeper

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Defends very well and puts in a shift. Gonna say it again...the most frustrating attacking player I can remember though. He seems to make the wrong decision time after time. I know Trossard looks lightweight but he puts in at least one quality goal scoring opportunity every game. He also twists and turns and makes incisive passes. If one has to be dropped it’s March for me, he has had two reasonable goal scoring opportunities in the last two games and has failed to even work the keeper

Spot on

March’s future depends on a positional change in my opinion.

I thought Potter had worked him out when he started the season as a wing back.... thought it could be a role that suited him and that he could grow into.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here