Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure I agree with this. Any ambitious young South American should be willing to walk over broken glass to play in one of the top leagues in Europe.

If he has got anything about him, he should be jumping on the next plane to England.

Yeah, probably SICK of going to work with his brother and the likes of Carlos Tevez, playing in front of 49k boisterous fans and competiting for trophies at one of his country's greatest fooball clubs.

Bet he watched the stream from Bournemouth on Tuesday night and was straight on the phone to his agent. "I need to work with this guy Webster!!"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah, probably SICK of going to work with his brother and the likes of Carlos Tevez, playing in front of 49k boisterous fans and competiting for trophies at one of his country's greatest fooball clubs.

Bet he watched the stream from Bournemouth on Tuesday night and was straight on the phone to his agent. "I need to work with this guy Webster!!"

Boca are only averaging gates of just below 45k this season I think, so lets not over egg it.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I agree, but it's not one of the top leagues in Europe; it's objectively the top league in the world right now and far superior to the Argentine first tier in quality, crowd sizes and global audience.

I refuse to believe that it can be the top league in the world if a match can be played in front of fewer than 11,000 spectators.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I refuse to believe that it can be the top league in the world if a match can be played in front of fewer than 11,000 spectators.

Or with a league title practically sewn up in January

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011

but thats just the 'wrinkle' that is Bournemouth

It is probably the top league in the world in terms of money for the players, hence most players giving their right arm to play here (or Spain obviously if you are very good)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

According to a quick Google search, the average attendance in their top league is 15.5k (with Boca averaging 35K); although this is from the same site that BG gets a load of his info from, so it could be complete bollocks.

In terms of quality however, there's no argument that the Euro Leagues are better than the South American leagues and that at this moment the EPL is strongest what with all four European club competition finalists coming from the EPL last year.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It is probably the top league in the world in terms of money for the players, hence most players giving their right arm to play here (or Spain obviously if you are very good)

He's already our player. If we recall his loan he won't get any more money.

I hope this guy doesn't speak English otherwise he might be mooching around on here and after all the comments that we are going to be relegated he'll wonder why he should even think of coming now.

OK he's our player and we could insist but that would be wrong, we don't want a player who doesn't want to be with us. We need to speak to him and see what he wants to do. If he wants to stay with the club that he's supported for years until the end of the season, maybe winning a trophy in the process, then that's fine with me.

If he's happy to come over now that's great although if it was me I'd want some get out clause in the contract in case we do go down this season (which I still think we'll avoid, although probably ot by very much)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
South American players often take a fair bit of time to adjust to the PL if he does come let’s not make him our saviour.

Lucky then this one's from Scotchland.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
South American players often take a fair bit of time to adjust to the PL if he does come let’s not make him our saviour.

PNpE.gif

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It’s impressive but it’s also a bit ****ing sad. Is that all they have to do with their lives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did hear most of them left 10 minutes early as they had more important things to get back for / beat the queues at the train station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here