Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No, I'm not negative in the slightest - this is the best Albion side ever, playing the best football any Albion fan has ever seen.

But, that has, does and will bring sharp focus on our top performers. I don't see that we'll be able to hang onto either Caicedo and Mac Allister this summer, and that's going to present a significant challenge in itself, even with a big wedge of cash in our back pocket.

From there, who knows. Mitoma's famed period remaining in education may count against us - he turns 26 in a few months, so time isn't on his side if he has ambitions to reach the top of the club game.

Solly March turns 29 this summer, so it may be a case of "now or never" if he wants to move on, although remaining a rare one-club man feels more likely.

Estupinan must have turned a few heads with his consistent top-quality performances too. It almost seems a bit strange that no clubs have been linked with him yet!
May lose both of them - think we may hold onto Alexis for another year though. If we lose both I can’t see the club selling anyone else whatever the offers. And we’ll bring in some players for some decent money and some more youth to develop. The Argie lad will be more up to speed and may step in. As proven in Jan, we will only sell if it’s right for everyone. Keep the Faith people.

PS - Cucu was a rarity in football and especially us - 1 year and off. Pervs I can’t see going anywhere and no chance March for me.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patreon
Aug 24, 2020
Very much so.

All of Caicedo, Mac Allister, Mitoma, Sanchez and Estupinan are likely to be targeted to some degree or another, and I guess we can't rule out interest in March given his form and Lamptey might want to getaway for more first team action.

And, as you say, De Zerbi is going to be on the radars of many clubs too,

I might just hibernate over the summer months.
I know what you mean.

But consider the flipside. Think of the players we've already lost - Ben White, Bissouma, BDB, Cucurella, Trossard. In four of those (maybe not Ben White), we achieved an upgrade at lower cost, from the very players in your list. Our succession planning is very, very good. Maybe just a short hibernation is indicated. We could be the new top club hoovering up emerging players. Oh, hang on ! We already are...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, I'm not negative in the slightest - this is the best Albion side ever, playing the best football any Albion fan has ever seen.

But, that has, does and will bring sharp focus on our top performers. I don't see that we'll be able to hang onto either Caicedo and Mac Allister this summer, and that's going to present a significant challenge in itself, even with a big wedge of cash in our back pocket.

From there, who knows. Mitoma's famed period remaining in education may count against us - he turns 26 in a few months, so time isn't on his side if he has ambitions to reach the top of the club game.

Solly March turns 29 this summer, so it may be a case of "now or never" if he wants to move on, although remaining a rare one-club man feels more likely.

Estupinan must have turned a few heads with his consistent top-quality performances too. It almost seems a bit strange that no clubs have been linked with him yet!
Exactly, it’s the price we pay for being small and punching so far above our weight. Players don’t dream of plying for Brighton, we are a stepping stone to the big time. C’est La Vie, I’m not complaining just a bit sad

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Very much so.

All of Caicedo, Mac Allister, Mitoma, Sanchez and Estupinan are likely to be targeted to some degree or another, and I guess we can't rule out interest in March given his form and Lamptey might want to getaway for more first team action.

And, as you say, De Zerbi is going to be on the radars of many clubs too,

I might just hibernate over the summer months.
Sanchez .......

Nahhhh. Don't think we need to worry about that one.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Exactly, it’s the price we pay for being small and punching so far above our weight. Players don’t dream of plying for Brighton, we are a stepping stone to the big time. C’est La Vie, I’m not complaining just a bit sad
In fairness, we’ve never won anything of note, we have only been the club we now have since the early 2010’s. We are a club on the up, but not one with reputation and history as winners. That’s why I really hope each year for a good cup run, it’s our only chance of ever actually winning anything in our PL era.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Not sure we do have anyone in succession for Mac and Moises YET. Mac took what, 2 years to bed in? And Moises is a generational talent who was already one of the top performers in the S American Champions League and S American international competitions BEFORE we'd even signed him. The idea that (say) Ayari and someone else who can play DM (who? Moder?) next season and be hitting 8 and 9's out of ten is very optimistic. Don't forget it wasn't that long ago we had the likes of Dreyer and Normann who have gone on to have really decent careers but it just didn't work out here. It won't work out for all our young players. There is an element of luck, no matter how good our recruitment is.
So I really don't think it's a stretch to imagine quite a big outlay on established players to fill the gap. We did it with Pervis, with Enock, with Webster, and we will do it again. People suddenly think we won't pay more than about £8 million for players. I think this summer might totally disapprove that.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Manchester City are hot on the heels of Brighton’s World Cup winner Alexis Mac Allister.

City boss Pep Guardiola believes the Argentinian star, inspirational in his country’s success in Qatar last year, would be the perfect addition for his squad this summer. The English champions will face plenty of competition for Mac Allister’s services, though, as Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool all expected to join an intense race.

That will spark a transfer bidding war, with Brighton’s £70million valuation likely to be smashed to pieces in the process.

The Daily Star….The paper that exclusively revealed Robert Codner was signing for Liverpool.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lots of talk that Liverpool hosted his dad for the Real Madrid match last week

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lots of talk that Liverpool hosted his dad for the Real Madrid match last week
Just searched out this thread to say the same thing...

Alexis Mac Allister’s agent was at Anfield to watch Liverpool’s defeat to Real Madrid in the Champions League, sitting among club officials, FootballTransfers can reveal.​
The Brighton midfielder reportedly wants a move away from Brighton this summer, as per Matteo Moretto, and has several clubs lined up, including the Reds.​
Carlos Mac Allister, the 24-year-old’s father who also represents him, watched over the Reds’ 5-2 defeat to Los Blancos in the round of 16 first-leg tie earlier this month as a club guest. Indeed, the stories from Spain appear to indicate that his son’s brilliant form this season, including a World Cup win with his home nation in Qatar, has attracted interest from a string of top European clubs.​

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm not worried at all about the Summer transfer window.

We'll get top dollar for all departures.

Even if we lose 4 or 5 gems, I absolutely trust Tony and the Star Lizard data.

Some will be replaced from within the squad, but where that isn't possible the first team ready recruits will arrive.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I'm not worried at all about the Summer transfer window.

We'll get top dollar for all departures.

Even if we lose 4 or 5 gems, I absolutely trust Tony and the Star Lizard data.

Some will be replaced from within the squad, but where that isn't possible the first team ready recruits will arrive.
Yep same. Im relaxed about it because of the options we'll have in terms of a transfer policy for finding the next MacAllister/Caicedo. Option 1 is we already have the replacements in Sarmiento/Ayari/Boanonotte etc. Option 2 is that we've already got our eye on the replacements, another young unknown to the fans player, and they'll be signed for a fraction of what we sell MacAllister/Caicedo for. But also we have the safety net of definitely having the funds available if we do have to spend big on a ready made replacement. We're not talking like we might get £30/40m for MacAllister/Caicedo and therefor with that money to spend we'll be looking at players who could still be a risk signing, because in reality there's been plenty of £30m flops in the Prem. We're talking around £150m for the pair. That's big boy money. It would be very un-Brighton, but thats enough money to buy 2 guaranteed quality replacements, and bank £50m. I highly doubt we'd go that route but its the safety net that leaves me feeling relaxed.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
While I understand and respect that Alexis wants to play in that role and that Robert wants to help him do that... he needs to get back to his more defensive role. For Argentina he often had plenty of space as the opponents were putting multiple players into dealing with Messi, but that just isnt the case for Brighton. I don't think he has the tight control and dribbling required to be a top class 10.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
To be honest, I'm a little bit in love with how good Ale Mac is and, judging by the film Moneyball, he's a confident boy because his girlfriend is off the top shelf.

He's a top footballer, our World Cup winner and heartbeat of the team along with Moises. My only condition for his sale is that he doesn't go to Chelsea or Tottenham, neither of who would really get his true value out of him because the manager changes every season or two. This won't be popular, but I think Man Utd is the place to go for immediate success now - Ten Hag will be there a decade.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
A few on the Stoke match thread saying we should cash in for whatever we get thrown at us while hes still hot because Brighton is his level.

He's had a dip in form the last couple of games and still played better than most yesterday. His performances for Argentina and for us immediately after the WC showed what he is capable of. He can be a world class player on his day, and that will happen more consistently as he gets older - his entire career so far has been a slow build, not the instant success of Caicedo. He still has more building to go. Realistically that will be at one of the rich clubs after this summer... after a sale of about 70m.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed. RDZ needs to grow a pair and get away from this ‘where Alexis wants to play’ thing and put him back where he was more affective

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
While I understand and respect that Alexis wants to play in that role and that Robert wants to help him do that... he needs to get back to his more defensive role. For Argentina he often had plenty of space as the opponents were putting multiple players into dealing with Messi, but that just isnt the case for Brighton. I don't think he has the tight control and dribbling required to be a top class 10.
Totally. He's one of the best and most natural number 6's I've seen in recent years. He just needs to accept that. Playing in that role, he would start and excel for any side in the world. A number 10, he is not (except on the back of his shirt!).

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Believe there’s been some off the field antics and he has split up from his long term (of 10 years) girlfriend over the last couple of weeks - according to Twitter folk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be honest, I'm a little bit in love with how good Ale Mac is and, judging by the film Moneyball, he's a confident boy because his girlfriend is off the top shelf.

He's a top footballer, our World Cup winner and heartbeat of the team along with Moises. My only condition for his sale is that he doesn't go to Chelsea or Tottenham, neither of who would really get his true value out of him because the manager changes every season or two. This won't be popular, but I think Man Utd is the place to go for immediate success now - Ten Hag will be there a decade.
Not that fond of United either, but definately 'this' as far as Spurs and Chelsea are concerned. If there was any fairness and logic in top level football, Alexis is the one who should move on frst - he's three years or so older than Moises; fair time to grab his main chance. Moises could easily stay for another season with us and still join the £100K+ a week (£5M+ a year) club at the tender age of 22!

Won't happen like that, of course - too many starving siblings back in Ecuador desperately in need of a decent three couse meal at least once a week (and an agent almost as poverty struck).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here