Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Beyond his performance yesterday, when he plays CM with Moises it's one of the best CM partnerships in the world. We should revert to that ASAP. I'd prefer Gross at 10.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I said exactly the same at half time yesterday, I don’t think he should be playing the 10 role and I think we’ve lost something in the last 2 games since he went there. Not because he’s a poor player there but because he is so good in the 6 role and complements Moises.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I must say that it was with some dismay that I heard the head coach say he planned to ask Ally Mac where he wanted to play when he came back from the World Cup. It's where he plays best that matters, not where he wants to play.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Manchester City are hot on the heels of Brighton’s World Cup winner Alexis Mac Allister.

City boss Pep Guardiola believes the Argentinian star, inspirational in his country’s success in Qatar last year, would be the perfect addition for his squad this summer. The English champions will face plenty of competition for Mac Allister’s services, though, as Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool all expected to join an intense race.

That will spark a transfer bidding war, with Brighton’s £70million valuation likely to be smashed to pieces in the process.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Manchester City are hot on the heels of Brighton’s World Cup winner Alexis Mac Allister.

City boss Pep Guardiola believes the Argentinian star, inspirational in his country’s success in Qatar last year, would be the perfect addition for his squad this summer. The English champions will face plenty of competition for Mac Allister’s services, though, as Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool all expected to join an intense race.

That will spark a transfer bidding war, with Brighton’s £70million valuation likely to be smashed to pieces in the process.

I smell BS. Brighton don't publish valuations. Having said that, he'll be leaving in the summer probs, with our good wishes and if people want to drum up some interest and a bid war, that's fine as long as he doesn't drift to 90% performances so not to get injured. Don't think he's that type anyway though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I smell BS. Brighton don't publish valuations. Having said that, he'll be leaving in the summer probs, with our good wishes and if people want to drum up some interest and a bid war, that's fine as long as he doesn't drift to 90% performances so not to get injured. Don't think he's that type anyway though.
Daily Star, enough said :lolol:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool all expected to join an intense race.
Can you pick out the team that's actually beneath us in the table?

I know I can....

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
City might go for MacAllister, but at the same time they might go for lots of players. Articles like this arent worth our time at the moment. At this stage its not exactly much of a headline to say ''Rich club might buy player''.

& we saw what happened with Cucurella. They wanted the player, the player wanted them, but they lowballed the bid & it didnt happen. When it comes to MacAllister the good thing about any possible transfer will be that nobody can argue a high fee. He's young, has obvious proven quality, on a long contract, and has played a pivotal role in WINNING THE WORLD CUP.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Be interesting to see if City start off with a low bid again to unsettle. Given how they went about the Cucurella pursuit, I wonder how Brighton feel about them.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's an obvious move. Would be great for Mac. In their formation he could conceivably play about six positions. He deserves that kind of move as he's been a true gent here. I don't actually think we'd miss him as much as we might fear, despite his quality.
All we can is say to these players is you'll get the move when it's right for both you and us, and in this instance I don't think anyone can argue about it in the Summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The summer window is likely to be the most stressful and disappointing we have ever had. We could quite easily lose 3 or more of our best players. We won’t want to lose that many but if any of them do a “Trossard” we’ll really have no choice imo.

Not convinced we’ll keep De Zerbi if the above happens and we replace most of them with players already here.

I guess getting into Europe is going to be our best hope of not being stripped…fair to say I am dreading the Summer window.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The summer window is likely to be the most stressful and disappointing we have ever had. We could quite easily lose 3 or more of our best players. We won’t want to lose that many but if any of them do a “Trossard” we’ll really have no choice imo.

Not convinced we’ll keep De Zerbi if the above happens and we replace most of them with players already here.

I guess getting into Europe is going to be our best hope of not being stripped…fair to say I am dreading the Summer window.
Very much so.

All of Caicedo, Mac Allister, Mitoma, Sanchez and Estupinan are likely to be targeted to some degree or another, and I guess we can't rule out interest in March given his form and Lamptey might want to getaway for more first team action.

And, as you say, De Zerbi is going to be on the radars of many clubs too,

I might just hibernate over the summer months.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

If the plan is to sell our best players and not significantly reinforce with any additional quality then tony is less concerned about footballing achievements than I thought

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Very much so.

All of Caicedo, Mac Allister, Mitoma, Sanchez and Estupinan are likely to be targeted to some degree or another, and I guess we can't rule out interest in March given his form and Lamptey might want to getaway for more first team action.

I suspect De Zerbi will be asking Lamptey where he wants to play.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If the plan is to sell our best players and not significantly reinforce with any additional quality then tony is less concerned about footballing achievements than I thought
I don’t mind do long as we control develop more quality players . The club must be in the most outstanding financial position in its history.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
As long as we keep unearthing gems, developing talent and filling the holes left by players departing AND doing as well as we are, then I applaud Uncle Tony for what really is an incredible business model.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very much so.

Have you taken a dose of my negativity from a few weeks back?
We’ll lose 1 player we don’t want to lose - 2 at most. We will sign a few too - some ready made players again. There will be hundreds of made up rumours from all our players by the gutter press as usual - complete guesswork to fill word counts, and they will be posted on NsC to cause panic. Hibernating may be worth it come to think of it.

RDZ has always said recruitment is part of the game and losing players and not up to him. He’ll be fine with it and won’t go anywhere - he’s only just got here.a

Mark my words!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have you taken a dose of my negativity from a few weeks back?
We’ll lose 1 player we don’t want to lose - 2 at most. We will sign a few too - some ready made players again. There will be hundreds of made up rumours from all our players by the gutter press as usual - complete guesswork to fill word counts, and they will be posted on NsC to cause panic. Hibernating may be worth it come to think of it.

RDZ has always said recruitment is part of the game and losing players and not up to him. He’ll be fine with it and won’t go anywhere - he’s only just got here.a

Mark my words!
No, I'm not negative in the slightest - this is the best Albion side ever, playing the best football any Albion fan has ever seen.

But, that has, does and will bring sharp focus on our top performers. I don't see that we'll be able to hang onto either Caicedo and Mac Allister this summer, and that's going to present a significant challenge in itself, even with a big wedge of cash in our back pocket.

From there, who knows. Mitoma's famed period remaining in education may count against us - he turns 26 in a few months, so time isn't on his side if he has ambitions to reach the top of the club game.

Solly March turns 29 this summer, so it may be a case of "now or never" if he wants to move on, although remaining a rare one-club man feels more likely.

Estupinan must have turned a few heads with his consistent top-quality performances too. It almost seems a bit strange that no clubs have been linked with him yet!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No, I'm not negative in the slightest - this is the best Albion side ever, playing the best football any Albion fan has ever seen.

But, that has, does and will bring sharp focus on our top performers. I don't see that we'll be able to hang onto either Caicedo and Mac Allister this summer, and that's going to present a significant challenge in itself, even with a big wedge of cash in our back pocket.

From there, who knows. Mitoma's famed period remaining in education may count against us - he turns 26 in a few months, so time isn't on his side if he has ambitions to reach the top of the club game.

Solly March turns 29 this summer, so it may be a case of "now or never" if he wants to move on, although remaining a rare one-club man feels more likely.

Estupinan must have turned a few heads with his consistent top-quality performances too. It almost seems a bit strange that no clubs have been linked with him yet!
May lose both of them - think we may hold onto Alexis for another year though. If we lose both I can’t see the club selling anyone else whatever the offers. And we’ll bring in some players for some decent money and some more youth to develop. The Argie lad will be more up to speed and may step in. As proven in Jan, we will only sell if it’s right for everyone. Keep the Faith people.

PS - Cucu was a rarity in football and especially us - 1 year and off. Pervs I can’t see going anywhere and no chance March for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here