Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Whoa.

The man looks like he's gained 10 years of confidence and maturity since his World Cup win. Messi influence?

What amazing finishes. Think we are going to see a genuine worldie in the stripes going forward.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Strolling around the pitch like prime Messi - he must feel 10ft tall.
That profound injection of confidence is making him look about 20% better than he was when we packed him off to Qatar. Messi has clearly rubbed off on him. His body language and performance today indicates a supremely confident athlete at the top of his game. Shame the post denied him a triple.

Attachments

• B26B0921-DD84-40ED-90BE-3F61EF0CAFC5.jpeg
    B26B0921-DD84-40ED-90BE-3F61EF0CAFC5.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 40

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
So the club gave him until 5th Jan to return, but he wanted to get back, get training/playing and see his team-mates……
I think that shows how good we are to offer the extra time off. I suspect we knew he would come back earlier, but the fact there was no pressure on an early return is fantastic management of the player. And the love he feels for the club is very encouraging.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wouldn't worry about any transfer stuff in January. Looked way too happy to force a move somewhere. Summer is a different thing.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Chat of a release clause of £31-35m in that article. It's the Scum, so probably made up. But wouldn't be surprising if there was a release clause given how recently he signed a new deal. Gutting if true.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
We need to enjoy him for the rest of the season as he is moving on to bigger and better things in the summer.

I would bet my house on it, that he is no longer playing with us at the end of the summer Transfer window slamming shut.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What's the point in pinning him to a new deal pre world cup for a fee we could have achieved anyway?. No way that clause exists.
I’m still intrigued by the timing of the deal. It’s the same scenario as Bissouma, except with a World Cup a month away with a team that was one of the favourites to win it. Mac Allister & co seem very confident on his abilities so he could realistically have gone this summer for not a lot and had a choice of clubs.

Loyalty to the club? Big wage uplift for at least 6 months? Or maybe some kind of ‘gentlemen’s’ agreement or indeed clubs at a certain level maybe

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
RDZ going to play him further forward than before the WC

I just need to adjust myself. Got a unseemly bulge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here