Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
15 million odd now, which is insane, and amazing PR for the club. The reach of that tweet must be 1000x our previous highest.
Are we officially no longer "Under the radar?"

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Instagram link Judging by a lot of the comments, the club needs to open a BHAFC store in Buenos Aires to sell shirts with MacAllister on them. They'd go like hot cakes, at the moment.

Blimey, the replies on the Instagram post(s) really are something.

100s and 100s of posts from Argentines showing love for the Albion. :clap2:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Instagram link Judging by a lot of the comments, the club needs to open a BHAFC store in Buenos Aires to sell shirts with MacAllister on them. They'd go like hot cakes, at the moment.

Depends if they can returned in June or July....

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
One of yesterdays videos has been commented on by a so called Leo messi which gained 1500 comments itself.

So sad that he’s jumping in and trying to get barbers attention.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Blimey, the replies on the Instagram post(s) really are something.

100s and 100s of posts from Argentines showing love for the Albion. :clap2:
I expect there’s been no end of coverage in the Argentine press about all the players that brought home the World Cup and one hopes we’ll have fared well in that. It’s a great story and one that shows how well Brighton nurtured Ali Mac. Our scouting has been superb across South America of late and this can only help that. We’ll be a team players want to join and not merely as a second choice. Yet another masterstroke from the club.

And isn’t it just a lovely thing to be liked. Warms the cockles of the heart.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's a very clever PR move:

1) Makes Ali Mac feel valued;
2) Advertises the club to potential signings from Argentina and South America;
3) Advertises the club to Mitoma's colleagues from the Japan squad who must be attracted by the tidying up opportunities that such a gesture would bring.
4) is unbelievable viral PR for a British club in South America (how many million views has that video had now?)
5) show all th ecurrent players that this club can develop players to the highest standard and that we'll celebrate that, not be scared about what it might mean for th eplayer moving on

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I expect there’s been no end of coverage in the Argentine press about all the players that brought home the World Cup and one hopes we’ll have fared well in that. It’s a great story and one that shows how well Brighton nurtured Ali Mac. Our scouting has been superb across South America of late and this can only help that. We’ll be a team players want to join and not merely as a second choice. Yet another masterstroke from the club.

And isn’t it just a lovely thing to be liked. Warms the cockles of the heart.
Biggest daily

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Biggest daily

I don't know what it is but I know I want one as well!

In addition, they prepared a special gigantography for the first world champion in the history of Brighton .

And yes, I have googled it and now know what it is.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
£106m for one midfielder.

Maybe Chelsea just felt bad about coming to us again.

Well, I mentioned this in the summer that any further transfers puts Potter and his staff under even more pressure because there is absolutely no excuse for a failed transfer for players you previously worked with. See Poyet at Sunderland.

My feeling is they'll steer clear of us from now on, Cucurella has already added that pressure, although to be fair he signed before Potter, nevertheless the association is there.

Had things been going swimmingly for Chelsea things might be different, but for now, I can't see them coming back.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It’s already been said. The Instagram remarks are incredible but this is the one I love above all.
:giggle:

1F2039FF-97D5-4D97-A6AC-12724CC19E49.jpeg

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
4) is unbelievable viral PR for a British club in South America (how many million views has that video had now?)
5) show all th ecurrent players that this club can develop players to the highest standard and that we'll celebrate that, not be scared about what it might mean for th eplayer moving on
Oi Spike! Ted Bovis' s first rule of comedy is stick to the rule of three.

(Agree with everything you say. That Barber bloke deserves a medal).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just talked about on sky sports news nonsensical ‘transfer’ hour chat or whatever, they spent a lot of time saying ‘no disrespect to Brighton BUT….’
I loath that programme and the two lying cnts running it .... Sheth and Solhekol.

Blatant fabrication every January and August, they become the news.

It's brilliant when they nail their colours to a transfer mast and it doesn't come off eg Sancho to Manure in summer 2020. On closing night Solhekol was visibly furious with Borussia Dortmund. :wanker:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I loath that programme and the two lying cnts running it .... Sheth and Solhekol.

Blatant fabrication every January and August, they become the news.

It's brilliant when they nail their colours to a transfer mast and it doesn't come off eg Sancho to Manure in summer 2020. On closing night Solhekol was visibly furious with Borussia Dortmund. :wanker:
They’re little better than the teenage wankers on twitter posting baseless shite on ‘transfer news live’ from their mum’s bedroom to their gormless followers. Any old shite for a headline.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
To be hard nosed about the way the clubs social media has blown up. This is so import for the clubs commercial department.

People often ask what defines a big club? In the modern world it's how much commercial income a club can generate, through activities other than matchday revenue.

Man Utd and Real Madrid are the biggest clubs in the world because they have the biggest commercial deals in place.

We can now use the huge uplift in our social media views in any future negotiations with potential commercial partners.

We are still a small club but thanks to Alexis we are now in a better bargaining position.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be hard nosed about the way the clubs social media has blown up. This is so import for the clubs commercial department.

People often ask what defines a big club? In the modern world it's how much commercial income a club can generate, through activities other than matchday revenue.

Man Utd and Real Madrid are the biggest clubs in the world because they have the biggest commercial deals in place.

We can now use the huge uplift in our social media views in any future negotiations with potential commercial partners.

We are still a small club but thanks to Alexis we are now in a better bargaining position.
Interestingly ManC have the greatest commercial income of any club.

It must the lure to Abu Dhabi based businesses of the vast global fanbase built over 60 years of on-field success.

???

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Interestingly ManC have the greatest commercial income of any club.

It must the lure to Abu Dhabi based businesses of the vast global fanbase built over 60 years of on-field success.

???
Do you know if the holding company which owns City, and 10 other clubs around the globe, can use revenue from those other clubs to finance Man City?

Are they able to set up commercial deals which incorporate all 11 clubs and then divert revenue earned across all 11 into Man City as a way of working around FFP?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here