Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Big article in the athletic with a headline about revealing the details of a clause in Alexis’s contract. I read the story which basically says. “Not a typical clause that can easily be triggered as Brighton have a say about the outcome but we don’t really know any details”

I wonder what it is.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Big article in the athletic with a headline about revealing the details of a clause in Alexis’s contract. I read the story which basically says. “Not a typical clause that can easily be triggered as Brighton have a say about the outcome but we don’t really know any details”

I wonder what it is.

Seems pretty contradictory to me!

Something along the lines of: “there is a mechanism to prise Mac Allister away from the Amex and that has contributed to the interest in him. However, it’s not a release clause in the traditional sense and gives Brighton a say in the outcome”.

Literally no idea what that means! It suggests the same might apply for Caicedo.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

I wonder what it is.
Just read that and then wondered what the point of the part of the article was. So the club still get a say much like all other transfers

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

I wonder what it is.
A gentleman’s agreement. An “efforts” (best/reasonable) clause so hated by lawyers because it’s undefinable and expensive and time consuming to prosecute/defend. Usually included to hedge bets because both parties want a deal but cannot agree on a certain item; in this case it’ll be Brighton’s reticence to include a definable release clause.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Seems pretty contradictory to me!

Something along the lines of: “there is a mechanism to prise Mac Allister away from the Amex and that has contributed to the interest in him. However, it’s not a release clause in the traditional sense and gives Brighton a say in the outcome”.

Literally no idea what that means! It suggests the same might apply for Caicedo.

Crap article from David Ornstein as Naylor has talked about this before. Can't remember the exact details but he has maintained throughout there is no 'release clause' where a triggering payment means the club has no say in the player staying. Instead, it sounded like they have some sort of equation written in which protects the club's interests. I think it means the fee required for serious conversations to take place remains fluid, rather than a set figure which could become too much of a bargain if, for instance, one of your midfielders ends up waving the World Cup around. Imagine that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As I said, Mac only signed that new deal with some conditions. Otherwise it was completely nonsensical to tie himself into the long deal if he had aspirations away from Brighton any time soon

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I wonder if this clause is something like it getting more expensive the longer through the transfer window. There’s been a quite a lot of talk of how quickly it’s going to be sorted.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Watching his penalty back this morning and noticed he appears to put his fingers in his ears during his celebration. Is that his way of saying “I’m not listening to the speculation”?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Watching his penalty back this morning and noticed he appears to put his fingers in his ears during his celebration. Is that his way of saying “I’m not listening to the speculation”?
He said it's because he's drowning out crowd noise and concentrating - obviously it's after the event, but that's what he's saying it symbolises

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

I wonder what it is.
Sounds like total guesswork to me. In the same way some of us have been guessing that because of how vocal he was about wanting to leave maybe Caciedo only signed a new contract because there was some kind of agreement to let him leave in the summer. Which could be possible/logical, but also could be completely fictional. Sounds like the Athletic are trying to guess at some logic, but dont actually have any facts. This 'not a typical clause' is at most just the idea that if the clubs valuation is met then we may sell. But thats the same for almost any player at any club.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
A gentleman’s agreement. An “efforts” (best/reasonable) clause so hated by lawyers because it’s undefinable and expensive and time consuming to prosecute/defend. Usually included to hedge bets because both parties want a deal but cannot agree on a certain item; in this case it’ll be Brighton’s reticence to include a definable release clause.
I'd have thought that expensive and time consuming is exactly the sort of thing most lawyers love in a contract.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's the @dwayne clause.

If at the time the buying club make an offer Dwayne is still doubling down on his Ally Mac is massively over rated argument then a bid of 50m will be accepted.

If however Dwayne has repented his sins and admitted that our world cup winning midfield maestro is the greatest player to have ever graced a football pitch then we will not entertain any offer under 70m.

Like the athletic said, not your usual clause, but an opportunity for Dwayne to be a Santa Claus(e) for the Albion...*

*Sorry for the terrible pun. :(

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
_20230508_144426.JPG
Well according to liverpoolfcnews.co.uk they have already signed Ali Mac and his influence is so great that Messi has decided to join him at "England's biggest club" no less.
Where do they find these idiots to write this shit?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As if Liverpool could afford Messi after what they’ll need to shell out for Alexis :lolol:

As an aside it’s not Alexis who’ll be accepting the offer either

What a load of bullshit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here