[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just watching the highlights of yesterday again and it’s got to be said, again, Mac Allister’s performance was just absolutely wonderful.

He really is a hell of a player. PLEASE can we get another 3/4 years on that option! I love watching him play.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Some posters don't think the role Ali Mac has been playing this season suits him. I respectfully and wildly disagree. He's tailor-made for the quarter-back type role, and dovetails just delightfully with Caicedo. In fact, I don't think there's currently a better CM duo in the PL, certainly if we're talking about those playing in deeper positions. Who's better?

As to the news, utterly delighted. What a player, what technique.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Some posters don't think the role Ali Mac has been playing this season suits him. I respectfully and wildly disagree. He's tailor-made for the quarter-back type role, and dovetails just delightfully with Caicedo. In fact, I don't think there's currently a better CM duo in the PL, certainly if we're talking about those playing in deeper positions. Who's better?

100% this. He has been fantastic. I wonder who, other than GP, would have taken Ali Mac and moved him to that role?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hopefully he'll continue to be great for the rest of the season - will probably get a good price for him next summer.

As I've said before, I don't think he is going to extend his contract.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Naylor now saying the extension exists and hasn’t yet been activated

I’m expecting some developments on Trossard and MacAlister once then window slams shut, not point singing a new contract during a window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Naylor now saying the extension exists and hasn’t yet been activated

I’m expecting some developments on Trossard and MacAlister once then window slams shut, not point singing a new contract during a window

Where is he saying that? His tweets simply link to the Athletic article that states his extension has been activated.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All Naylor says is that there is an extra year club option in Mac Allister's contract.

The option isn't "activated now" or "not activated now".

The option will only be activated next summer - or maybe he signs another deal before then.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Agree with all of that. This is his position.

From the home game against Southampton last season I’ve been convinced it is his best position. I watched him really closely in that game and he was wonderful. It was an exhibition in how to play that role, he’s a total natural there. It isn’t unusual for a player of his age to adjust his position slightly either, a lot of top players have done it over the years.

I love watching him and will be gutted when he does go which like Swanny, I expect to be next summer. I posted on here a while ago I expect City or Liverpool to be in for him, admittedly before City wasted £40m plus on Phillips. He would fit into both of their midfields perfectly.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Where is he saying that? His tweets simply link to the Athletic article that states his extension has been activated.

bf69468604447e05a8ce93f9e9b4ec6d.jpg

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Does he have a chant yet?

If not,

To the tune of rock the casbah by the clash.

The seagulls like it
Ma-ca-llister, Ma-ca-llister.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports