Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Alex Scott @ Sky Sports.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The press boys already are able to impart their opinions through their writing, as well as regularly appearing on radio and Sky, so do have a fair crack of the whip already.

This is true, but the very reason for that is because they can give interesting and informed opinion on the game. That being the case, I'd much prefer to hear Martin Samuel's half time analysis than Lee Dixon's. Someone like him would be better value on MOTD than Danny Murphy as well IMO.

I'm not arsed about most pundits, although Roy Keane is great entertainment when he's in a mood. Alan Green is a **** though.

Agreed. Just like during his career, Keane clearly relishes sticking the boot in and doesn't really give a shit who he might upset in the process. Graham Souness is quite decent in that respect as well. Alan Green seems to be universally despised though, he must have some serious dirt on the Beeb's head honcho.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is true, but the very reason for that is because they can give interesting and informed opinion on the game. That being the case, I'd much prefer to hear Martin Samuel's half time analysis than Lee Dixon's. Someone like him would be better value on MOTD than Danny Murphy as well IMO.

Agreed. Just like during his career, Keane clearly relishes sticking the boot in and doesn't really give a shit who he might upset in the process. Graham Souness is quite decent in that respect as well. Alan Green seems to be universally despised though, he must have some serious dirt on the Beeb's head honcho.

I shared a train journey back to Wilmslow with Robbie Savage, who was excellent company and a thoroughly nice guy, he was very open about punditry and there's more to him than the pantomime clown he like to portray. Had some interesting tales about Stan Collymore and described Alan Green as a 'miserable money obsessed **** who is there to commentate rather than pontificate'. He's loathed by most at the Beeb aport from head of sport.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I shared a train journey back to Wilmslow with Robbie Savage, who was excellent company and a thoroughly nice guy, he was very open about punditry and there's more to him than the pantomime clown he like to portray. Had some interesting tales about Stan Collymore and described Alan Green as a 'miserable money obsessed **** who is there to commentate rather than pontificate'. He's loathed by most at the Beeb aport from head of sport.

Given Stan and his relationship with Car Parks, Ulrika and running his gob off I'd imagine you could fill a transatlantic plane journey with tales about him and what he got up to. Any flavours you can share?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Souness and Keane are absolute Gold and know what they are talking about, I would have them in every week instead of the likes of Redknapp, Henry etc who never say anything remotely controversial.

Souness Keane Neville and Carragher and I'm happy, although clearly that's quite a Utd and Liverpool bias although all of them are happy to slag off there former employers when required

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

My opinion on Savage did a full 180 after listening to him on that excellent podcast with Flintoff and the Ping-Pong guy. He's clearly not the brightest fairylight on the tree, but he comes across as very honest and sincere, and an all-round good egg. I like him now, he'd no doubt be pleased to learn.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Sounds perfect.

True. A few f- and c-bombs dropped on MotD would certainly liven things up, especially delivered in Mr Glanville's rather patrician tones, which always makes swearing sound funnier..

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Alex Scott and any other woman have no place whatsoever as pundits on the men's game. They've not played the game to a high standard therefore their 'opinions' have no validity. It's an insult to Carragher and Souness to have her on the sofa, they must find it difficult to take her seriously. Why are lower league players never invited into the studio as pundits? Because they would have no credibility as not played the game at the highest level. Yet Alex Scott is who has played the game to about County league standard is invited? Why? Because she's a female. All to appease the PC brigade. Let her and that other ugly bird they have on midweek Soccer Special opine on the birds game and leave the blokes game to blokes. Awaits for the usual wet 'look at me I'm so liberal I watch women's football' posters to tell me 'I belong in the 1950's'.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
I watch this woman commentating on matches after the fact in the studio, and I just know I'm not the only person who thinks she's a gobshiite.

Graeme Souness sits and grimaces as she tells him how it is, as she is given an equal billing. To top it all, she's all plastic self-aggrandising mockney to boot, dropping her 'aitches and sounding like Janis Street-Porter on Skunk.
And what is all this faux Mockney 'ard-man-out-of-Essex' boilocks.....seems like its de rigueur now, with even those well-known sick-note 'ard geezers like Jaimie Redknapp, Glen 'Oddle, and CH himself giving it all the Blind Beggar chat.

I think I blame that old 'responsible gambler' Ray Winston myself.:shootself

I feel so sorry for the real experts who have to share a program with these women,the worst point is when they say, i agree with you!
I drop the sound level to zero to keep my blood pressure down

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
before you know it they will be clamouring for our game to be mixed

As I've mentioned before, if I were a FIFA supremo, the change in the law that I'd bring in is that all professional clubs would have to include two women in their teams. It would completely change the dynamic of the game - we'd have far less hoofball and would be a great challenge to managers: how would they incorporate the females?

It would transform women's football overnight

This is nuts - she’s really sharp. There have been numerous examples posted on social media over the past couple of years of all the old male dinosaurs she has to sit with just repeating what she says and pretending they said it first :)

On women’s sport, we’ve long accepted tennis and athletes among others as worthy prime time watches, even tho they are below the standard of men’s equivalent. This surely shows it’s just about media exposure and getting an audience used to watching it

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is nuts - she’s really sharp. There have been numerous examples posted on social media over the past couple of years of all the old male dinosaurs she has to sit with just repeating what she says and pretending they said it first :)
Doubtless there are loads of better county league players who are also as sharp. The fact is that she is chosen simply because she's a woman. That's hardly fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here