Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully this Norwich story is guff. The Burnley-Ward saga is sadly coming back into my mind this morning and is perfectly paired with the weather - shit. Let's hope the sun comes out later along with a photo of Alex holding the stripes!

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
That makes no sense at all!! If he has signed then other clubs would already be looking elsewhere!

.. If they knew. But it could also be telling clubs like Newcastle to go away because we're not selling, we're building.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The longer the delay the more I fear news that Newcastle have also had their bid accepted.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Naylor's bread and butter is covering the Albion so he needs to keep in with the club. He will only have written what he has if the club has given him the nod..

If the club had had anything to do with it, he or any other journalist would, with very few exceptions, never write about transfer negotiations for fear of them being scuppered.

Happyguy

May 30, 2011
The Argus and BBC Sussex now saying that other clubs have now entered the race for Alex Pritchard to sign for them lets get th deal done today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt think the wages offered would be dramatically different so wouldnt it be down to length of contract and which club he considers will do best next season or two.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
QPR and Norwich are both, geographically speaking, top candidates for his signature. Norwich will be seen as Premiership bound and QPR may have Les Ferdinand's influence.

Im worried.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Just from reading the last two pages of this thread I have gone from excitement to assuming the deal is off.

This scream of an agents last attempt to get other clubs interested and more money for him and his 'client'

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
He didn't sign after long talks last night.
He must know there's something better out there.

Oh well, perhaps we'll land a Centre Back this week.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I wouldnt think the wages offered would be dramatically different so wouldnt it be down to length of contract and which club he considers will do best next season or two.

Of course they could be dramatically different, Norwich and Newcastle with their parachute payments can piss all over whatever we can pay. Unless his relationship with CH is brilliant then it is more than likely to come down to money and we will be an outsider to win that race.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Of course they could be dramatically different, Norwich and Newcastle with their parachute payments can piss all over whatever we can pay. Unless his relationship with CH is brilliant then it is more than likely to come down to money and we will be an outsider to win that race.

They can both offer him first team football as well, which was a key selling point of Brighton.

I imagine he just wants to get playing again.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Just from reading the last two pages of this thread I have gone from excitement to assuming the deal is off.

This scream of an agents last attempt to get other clubs interested and more money for him and his 'client'

Exactly my thoughts and fears too.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It's all gone quiet so I'm assuming the deal is off. Do we have a fallback option I wonder?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here