Alex Pritchard

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I don't think Brighton were every the only club interested in him, I imagine they are the first club to have a bid accepted.

I hope he does end up at the Amex as I believe he could be the difference this season - but I can see him staying in the PL at a club like Burnley, which wouldnt suit him at all.

Indeed, but yesterday it didn't appear as though it was going to be a tussle between us and anyone to get him to sign a contract, whereas now it could be.

I suppose if he doesn't come here it would be better for us if he does go to a PL side like Burnley, but the club need to do everything possible to push the deal through - he would be an immense signing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Norwich, eh? The club that signed Grabban not long after we'd had extended talks that broke down with everyone thinking it was a formality that he'd sign for us. I know he went back to Bournemouth first but....

I know Mousse ( Moose?) broke the news about CMS but has he been right since with an exclusive about us since?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Let's hope the club can get this signing over the line or that they have a v good Plan B. We really need some good news in terms of new signings.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Norwich, eh? The club that signed Grabban not long after we'd had extended talks that broke down with everyone thinking it was a formality that he'd sign for us. I know he went back to Bouenemouth first but....

I know Mousse ( Moose?) broke the news about CMS but has he been right since with an exclusive about us since?

Moose is an idiot.

He just tweets stuff he finds on twitter pages like goal.com

I find him amusing sometimes, but I never listen to anything he says.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Moose is an idiot.

He just tweets stuff he finds on twitter pages like goal.com

I find him amusing sometimes, but I never listen to anything he says.

Oh good, that's encouraging

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Norwich, eh? The club that signed Grabban not long after we'd had extended talks that broke down with everyone thinking it was a formality that he'd sign for us. I know he went back to Bouenemouth first but....

Usually he let's us know of a top signing coming our way which doesn't actually materialise, so his record is a little 'patchy'.

I suspect his info is often a little out of date, but nevertheless he could well have this one right.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think £8m is a lot to pay for someone who hasn't had even a sniff of action in the PL. If we start selling off people (and I'm not a great fan of Baldock) to finance an even larger bid, I would be concerned.

It is, but then Brighton want 15-20 Million for AK and Burnely quoted Sunderland 30 for Gray!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Norwich, eh? The club that signed Grabban not long after we'd had extended talks that broke down with everyone thinking it was a formality that he'd sign for us. I know he went back to Bournemouth first but....

Know your pain :lolol:
Can't help thinking his agent broke the silence during negotiations to try and see if there is a better deal out there?
To borrow a very tired footballing cliche "it's never over 'til it's over"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Moose is on holiday at the moment, so I can't see he'd have any inside knowledge of transfer deals.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Bit of an odd one Norwich don't really need an attacking midfielder think they are pretty much covered there, they need an out and out striker.

Suppose the fact we have made a bid for Pritchard was leaked for a reason.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Can't read this thread anymore so joined twitter and followed the club twitter account and have activated the notice option. If I've not had a tweet by 6pm today then I'll take it he's not signing :(

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Moose broke the Wilson loan news last season.......

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Naylor's bread and butter is covering the Albion so he needs to keep in with the club. He will only have written what he has if the club has given him the nod. So, and I'm not Itk at all, I reckon Pritchard has already signed and the 'leak' is to tell other clubs to go away.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Naylor's bread and butter is covering the Albion so he needs to keep in with the club. He will only have written what he has if the club has given him the nod. So, and I'm not Itk at all, I reckon Pritchard has already signed and the 'leak' is to tell over clubs to go away.

That makes no sense at all!! If he has signed then other clubs would already be looking elsewhere!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports