Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Don't think it'll impact it at all. Based on 4mill fee up front, this would only cost us £800k on the report this year assuming a 5 year deal, and then wages on top. Given the players we released (Greer, Bobby, Calderon, Crofts) I can't imagine there being too much difference between those four still being on the payroll or the cost of Pritchard & Wages.

Assuming Pritchard gets paid 800k a year (15k a week - reasonable amount?) it would be the equivalent of Bobby, Greer, Crofts and Calde getting paid around £7k a week each. (Total yearly cost of £1.6m including the fee).

Doable. With Murray being a direct cost replacement for Wilson

Your estimates of what we pay players are massively under forecast. BZ was on close to £25k a week which included appearance clauses. You'll only find a small handful of our squad on less than £10k a week.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Your estimates of what we pay players are massively under forecast. BZ was on close to £25k a week which included appearance clauses. You'll only find a small handful of our squad on less than £10k a week.

Fairly sure from the last set of accounts it was worked out the average wage was way under £10k per week.

So I suspect you are using back of the fag packet estimations.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Manu looking likely going to Turkey, Bjordal would probably see loan football before being exposed to first team championship duties IMO?

Where have you heard about that news regarding Elvis? Last I heard was that Rotherham wanted him on a season-long loan deal.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can someone help an old confused man who knows very little about football in this modern age. We are paying between £4 & £8 million for a Spurs player who didn't even have a number at that club. Two PL games in seven years. Loan deals to the Posh, Swindon, Brentford and lately WBA (two games in four months) didn't exactly set the premier league alight.
Is it a matter of 'one day he may be good'?

Because he can trap the ball whilst moving on the turn. Something Lualua never managed to learn how to do. Knockaert can do it providing it is on his left foot. https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/760465716164386816

Small margins cost lots of dosh.

I envisaged Knockaert to be the provider behind the front forward(s) in the central area this season. I wish this was sorted out earlier.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Can someone help an old confused man who knows very little about football in this modern age. We are paying between £4 & £8 million for a Spurs player who didn't even have a number at that club. Two PL games in seven years. Loan deals to the Posh, Swindon, Brentford and lately WBA (two games in four months) didn't exactly set the premier league alight.

Worrying isn't it?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One would expect that the basic personal terms will have been agreed before proceeding further as obviously if he or his agent say that he wants over 20k per week and we are only prepared for 10k then a deal would not be near finalising or terms being discussed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Nope.

We are paying for a player who was in the Championship Team Of The Season for 2014/15 and was regarded as the eighth best player in this league at the Football League Awards.

That'll set you back a few shillings these days.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Nope.

We are paying for a player who was in the Championship Team Of The Season for 2014/15 and was regarded as the eighth best player in this league at the Football League Awards.

Plus the fact every Brentford fan basically says he is too good for champo.

Watch Swansea or Burnley come in for him now.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
You would only sign a player like Pritchard on big money if you intend to play him as a regular starter. When managers talk about 'rotation' it's another way of saying 'we don't have a stand-out pairing'. There was no need to 'rotate' Kayal, Stephens, Bruno, Knockaert, Dunk, Goldson, Stockdale.

If Pritchard and Hemed were regulars, along with Knockaert, then that leaves Skalak, Murphy, March, Murray, Lua Lua, Baldock etc all fighting for places. In my view that means Baldock disappearing off the radar for a lot of the matches. Personally, out of that selection, I'd put Baldock well down the list. I'm just not impressed - and rarely have been.

Fair enough, but you were posing the question as to whether CH views him the same way you do and I don't think he does. He made 33 appearances last season for example. I think they have been pretty clear from the outset that they wanted 2 strikers to replace BZ and Wilson so it's hardly an indictment of Baldock's contribution. Obviously an upgrade on Baldock would be very welcome, we don't want another COG or Manu. Finances permitting, you cannot have enough good options and Pritchard is certainly that should he sign but I'd still expect SB to feature frequently, even if it's off the bench. From your list, I fear for KLL and it could be months before Solly is fully match fit, he has only just got the all clear to train.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Nope.

Yes but he has been injured since then, is he the same player?

I've no idea not seen him play since being at Brentford hopefully we will be getting the same player.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here