Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I wonder how this will fit in to the FFP, or Bloom is gambling on getting up this year?

Don't think it'll impact it at all. Based on 4mill fee up front, this would only cost us £800k on the report this year assuming a 5 year deal, and then wages on top. Given the players we released (Greer, Bobby, Calderon, Crofts) I can't imagine there being too much difference between those four still being on the payroll or the cost of Pritchard & Wages.

Assuming Pritchard gets paid 800k a year (15k a week - reasonable amount?) it would be the equivalent of Bobby, Greer, Crofts and Calde getting paid around £7k a week each. (Total yearly cost of £1.6m including the fee).

Doable. With Murray being a direct cost replacement for Wilson

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
There's an absolute GEM sitting in the SINGING thread - and I've barely posted on there this Summer. I'm all ready to quote - @Bladders posts every day on these and still never gets it WRITE! :lo:

You thought we were SINGING Alex HIGGINS! ???

#HURRICANE

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
We're taking the Bournemouth approach to buying our way to promotion then. Let's hope it pays off

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wonder how this will fit in to the FFP, or Bloom is gambling on getting up this year?

I'm thinking it would. But I don't envisage any other 'big money' signings.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Anyone else see Naylor's comments on twatter about the name being easy pronounce in response to Jonny Cantor mentioning Warren's opinion on the player.

he has a speech impediment and and it is highly irresponsible for him to make jokes about it....unless he does in on NSC!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Can someone help an old confused man who knows very little about football in this modern age. We are paying between £4 & £8 million for a Spurs player who didn't even have a number at that club. Two PL games in seven years. Loan deals to the Posh, Swindon, Brentford and lately WBA (two games in four months) didn't exactly set the premier league alight.
Is it a matter of 'one day he may be good'?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Wilson out, Pritchard in. CH said the other day he wants to rotate his strikers, this would allow him to do so.

You would only sign a player like Pritchard on big money if you intend to play him as a regular starter. When managers talk about 'rotation' it's another way of saying 'we don't have a stand-out pairing'. There was no need to 'rotate' Kayal, Stephens, Bruno, Knockaert, Dunk, Goldson, Stockdale.

If Pritchard and Hemed were regulars, along with Knockaert, then that leaves Skalak, Murphy, March, Murray, Lua Lua, Baldock etc all fighting for places. In my view that means Baldock disappearing off the radar for a lot of the matches. Personally, out of that selection, I'd put Baldock well down the list. I'm just not impressed - and rarely have been.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Can someone help an old confused man who knows very little about football in this modern age. We are paying between £4 & £8 million for a Spurs player who didn't even have a number at that club. Two PL games in seven years. Loan deals to the Posh, Swindon, Brentford and lately WBA (two games in four months) didn't exactly set the premier league alight.
Is it a matter of 'one day he may be good'?

Given modern football in the PL it might be a case of 'one day he might be given the chance to show he's good enough, maybe!'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here