Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Alec Scott

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Only 30 posts in less than a year? With quality banter like that, you've clearly been depriving us through lockdown(s) :moo:

That is the parody of the former user Beach Seagull. See also BHADebenhams and several others.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
These people are unbelievable. They won't be happy until the country is run by a black, Muslim lesbian who identifies as an armchair. And you know what'll happen then? They'll start closing the pubs, putting our football behind closed doors and having wimmin fronting popular television shows, that's what. :rant:

#peoplelikeGregBobkin :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For all the knuckle-draggers frothing at the mouth about her, it's very instructive to read how much work she's put into being becoming a pundit and broadcaster. Not just doing a degree in sports journalism (how many of the male pundits have done that) but putting in the hard yards of sitting in the press box and recording studio watching and learning from other people.

She's a dedicated woman who's spent time perfecting her craft, rather than joshing around on the golf course with a bunch of ex-pros.

Chapeau

That may very well all be true, but however dedicated someone is . . . that doesn't necessarily mean that they are very good, or that we have to like them.

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
You've read a comment about Joe Cole and made a leap by assuming that the impression formed of him was based on what you know of him, i.e. his working class accent. You have then labelled the poster as a member of an amalgamous lump called 'the left' and made assumptions about them as an individual based upon a label that they didn't choose for themselves. Then you've adopted stereotypes about the class of the massive disparate group of individuals who shop in Iceland and/or read The Sun.

So in one post you have lumped Joe Cole, the poster and millions of consumers each into a category that they didn't choose and about which you have either made, or adopted assumptions. I thought from your previous posts that you would respect individuality and wouldn't engage in this kind of identity politics. :whistle:

Yes totally correct. Very well said.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
No worries mate. Was about 'identity politics' etc.

Had you noticed that the criticism was aimed at your post? It's just not that often that a criticism of something someone has posted gets the response 'Very well said.' from the poster.

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
Had you noticed that the criticism was aimed at your post? It's just not that often that a criticism of something someone has posted gets the response 'Very well said.' from the poster.

Indeed I did notice it was a criticism of my post, it's a chat forum you've got the right to criticise, I thought what you put was well worded and succinct.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That may very well all be true, but however dedicated someone is . . . that doesn't necessarily mean that they are very good, or that we have to like them.

Yes, that's true. But it's generally recognised that the more someone practises a particular skill, the better they become. I've been a journalist for 38 years: I'm considerably better now than I was when I was just starting out.

It's also the case that not many male footballers have gone down the route of trying to improve themselves - although one who has is Garth Crooks (who's not universally popular in these parts)

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
Great to see misogony alive and kicking on NSC.

Carney has over 140 international caps scoring 32 goals. She played in two world cups. She represented GB at the Olympics. She was awarded an MBE for services to football.

But you are probably right. She knows f*** all about the game.
That gives her the opportunity to discuss womans football but hardly the Preimership

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here