Aldi v Sainsburys

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Supermarkets have conned us into thinking there are the one stop best solution to everything.

The price of vegetables are shocking. A quid for an aubergine, celeriac sold like some mystical expensive tropical fruit.

£1.50 for a cauli (£2.50 for a large one) are 60p / (80p) down the market , bananas at 70p a kilo are 30p a kilo (the marked down price in a supermarket when they are starting to go mushy).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd really like to shop at Aldi more. But stopped going to the London Road store almost as soon as it opened due to them failing to provide the absolute basics like any shopping baskets at all or more than one checkout person for the entire store. Anybody know if anything's changed since then? No point of them aiming to go a bit more upmarket if they can't provide the minimum level of service that you'd expect anywhere else really. Hardly rocket science.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
We use them all, it just depends where we are at the time. The missus will only get teabags from the co op though. It's all a matter of personal taste....one thing is correct, you can't beat home grown veg for taste

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd really like to shop at Aldi more. But stopped going to the London Road store almost as soon as it opened due to them failing to provide the absolute basics like any shopping baskets at all or more than one checkout person for the entire store. Anybody know if anything's changed since then? No point of them aiming to go a bit more upmarket if they can't provide the minimum level of service that you'd expect anywhere else really. Hardly rocket science.

They've had baskets for some time now

They do have three lanes open sometimes but it's not as fast as other stores - you don't normally have to wait long though, people don't tend to do the massive shops they do in Sainsbury's and Tesco.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They've had baskets for some time now

They do have three lanes open sometimes but it's not as fast as other stores - you don't normally have to wait long though, people don't tend to do the massive shops they do in Sainsbury's and Tesco.

Cheers, I'll give it another go then :thumbsup:

SingitLoud

Dec 4, 2012
Hove
Never really shopped at Sainsbury's , the brown labels used to put me off!
However i did stumble on Aldi's Scotch eggs , at 62p for two large ones they are the Hen's Hoolies!

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
So having used 'Saino's' for years we have started using Aldi instead with money tight.

Bloody good actually. About 2/3 cheaper and decent grub. Miles better than Iceland for a kick off.

Anyone else gone down this route and found the same? Actually go there out of choice now (apart from decent steak/chops etc which still come from a local butchers)

I shop around as no one store offers every item I want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here