Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albums you haven't listened too for years

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space by Spiritualised. Well over 10 years since I listened to it in its entirety.

By coincidence I played this in its entirety for the first time in years just a week ago. Still a classic.

The relatively overlooked Let It Come Down is every bit as good in my books.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Bop till you drop - Ry Cooder

Great Album - bought the Vinyl in 197?, and then the CD some time ago.

But mu shout would be for something that was around when some of the parents of people on here were quite possibly still a twinkle in their parents' eyes. - Wheels of Fire by Cream. Bought the Vinyl when it first came out - 1967 or 68 - and the CD recently. It's a Live CD and a Studio CD. I have always loved the Live one, but was reminded how good the Studio one was - Politician, White Room, Born under a bad Sign. They were so much more than just Eric Clapton, who was arguably the least talented of the three. jack Bruce is a hero.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
An album that I do this consistently with ever since I first heard it.

a-tribe-called-quest-midnight-marauders-1.jpg

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I recently bought The Defenestration of St. Martin by (Brighton-based) Martin Rossiter and have to say it is without doubt the best cd I have purchased in the last decade.

It also got me listening to some old Gene cds and Drawn To The Deep End still sounds as fresh today as it did back in the late 90s

I like Gene a lot, so thanks for this nod about MR's new one. Will check it out :)

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Good thread. Reminded me I have a Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band album (Can't even remember it's title, just know I loved it when I bought it). Must get it out again. and give it a spin.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
I like Gene a lot, so thanks for this nod about MR's new one. Will check it out :)

You won't regret it. The working title was Songs To Reduce Grown Men To Tears. Which would have been an apt title. Piano and vocals only. Left me utterly speechless.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Dug this out the other day as not listened to for years. Fantastic album and makes you wonder how a band capable of creating such incredible sounds went on to release such shite as 'the drugs don't work'.

tudara8a.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Dug this out the other day as not listened to for years. Fantastic album and makes you wonder how a band capable of creating such incredible sounds went on to release such shite as 'the drugs don't work'.

tudara8a.jpg

Yep, a good album.

But how you can dismiss the beauty of 'The Drugs Don't Work' as shite defies belief. A great, great song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here