Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums 2022

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Gabriels album is out today. Off to get my copy at lunch. Not listened yet as waiting to put the ACTUAL record on later but I'm HYPE for it.

It doesn't have Love and Hate on it. I understand in the days of people buying singles that was a thing but it's just odd now(unless you collect vinyl) .

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Gabriels album is out today. Off to get my copy at lunch. Not listened yet as waiting to put the ACTUAL record on later but I'm HYPE for it.

Mine is also waiting for me at Resident, and like you, I won't listen to it before playing the vinyl. Looking forward to it!

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
It doesn't have Love and Hate on it. I understand in the days of people buying singles that was a thing but it's just odd now(unless you collect vinyl) .

On first listen its an absolute beauty, only 30 mins long but then part 2 is due in March apparently

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

We saw them on Jools (I think), and were blown away by them, as is Alexis Petridis. I also think they were on the bill at End of the Road, and withdrew, but I can forgive EotR because they also had Durand Jones on the bill, who was delightful -- not quite as delightful as Ural Thomas though:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/sep/29/gabriels-angels-and-queens-part-one-review

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...iew-soul-revivalists-at-the-top-of-their-game

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
If there are still a few Hip Hop heads floating around NSC, I've got a new LP out next month with my crew 360 Physicals, which I'm particularly proud of. Especially as its our debut album after 25 years (long story). 😅 Anyway, the vinyl is looking and sounding great and will be available over at the bandcamp closer to the release date: https://noelpolandrecords.bandcamp.com

There's plenty of football and pop culture references in the lyrics, including the video below in which I couldn't resist a little swipe at our friends up the road. 😗

204c9e0a-9542-49db-a162-2f641c83b913.jpg

[yt]yn1TSRJVim0[/yt]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thank you to wherever recommended Crack Cloud.....after loving their last long player i'm listening to the new one and it's rather good.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
The Snuts, Burn the Empire is a superb album.Best of 2022 for me. No bad songs and real mix of indie anthems and more mellow ballards. Kind of Scottish version of the Artic Monkeys before they went to
shit and turned to producing hotel lobby music

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Currently giving Alvvays a spin right now, enjoying it so far, definitely a contrast to the new Gilla Band album I've just listened to

Gilla Band, I'm looking forward to listening to their new long player. Saw them live a while back, under their previous name; quite an experience :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, I remember playing Gilla Band at home some time ago and the missus remarked 'this is just ****ing stupid'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not forgetting they have a live date October 25th at Chalk

I'll be seeing them a couple of weeks later with Black Midi.

I have been listening to their (Crack Cloud) album a lot the past few days.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Gilla Band, I'm looking forward to listening to their new long player. Saw them live a while back, under their previous name; quite an experience :lolol:

Seen them a couple of times now, assault on the senses I'd describe it. Post Ryan off the new album is an absolute banger. My mum has remarked similarly to when I've played it in here presence.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I'm enjoying the new album by The Beths. Saw them live a few years ago downstairs at The Hope and Ruin and followed them ever since. A band well worth investing time in.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seen them a couple of times now, assault on the senses I'd describe it. Post Ryan off the new album is an absolute banger. My mum has remarked similarly to when I've played it in here presence.

I remember reading an interview where they were talking about some really early shows. One gig had a small crowd who mainly were at the bar. At the end of one song, which was met with silence, and after a pause, someone shouted out “shut the f@ck up”. Made me chuckle.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
One I forgot to include in my post yesterday. (Also only an ep not an album, but still...).

Ruth Radelet The Other Side

Used to be in Chromatics, now going for a solo career, and slightly mellower vibe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y6h8DNI9j0

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Great release day today, for two musical Gods.

Sir Paul Weller's new B sides and rarities, Will of the People, getting an airing right now and Ólafur Arnalds gifts us a piano rework of Some Kind of Peace.

Both magnificent.

OlafurArnalds_SomeKindOfPeace_PianoReworks.jpg

cover-5.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here