Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Album of the year

Kylie Minogue - The Abbey Road Sessions (of the genre).

The Milk - Tales From The Thames Delta.

Psychedelic Pill - Neil Young. Look forward to hearing some of the tracks on "Heart FM" - ".....he's Neil Young, he plays whatever he damn well wants to".

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
oops, forgot The Tindersticks -'The Something Rain' as it came out way back in February. Another cracker

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Both Drowned In Sound and Quietus went for Swans in their top 5. I had the previous album which was marvellous but for some reason couldn't part with £25 for the new one. Guess who regrets that now?

To be fair, The Seer is miles better than My Father.... My Father felt a bit like a heavier Angels of Light (which to all intents and purposes it was) whereas The Seer is the reactivation of the Swans sound. Gira said it best as being the culmination of 30 years of work. It certainly feels like my album of the year at the moment.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
oops, forgot The Tindersticks -'The Something Rain' as it came out way back in February. Another cracker

You're not the only one. The lack of love this record os getting is truly beyond me. It feels like one that you have to listen to a few times, maybe not enough people gave it a chance. On the subject of Scottis bands that weren't given a chance, have you heard this lot before?

My Latest Novel - Sister Sneaker Sister Soul - YouTube

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Apart from the fact Tindersticks are from Nottingham.... Still, great track mind!

well recovered and yes, My Latest Novel are indeed touched by superbness and whilst we are in Scotland "Trembling Bells" delivered another good album ... but not a great one.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Got the Daphni record(s) today, and can see it being a summer Sunday afternoon bird and booze number :) Woohoo!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I have just bought the new Memory Tapes long player which is rather good. In fact it's very good but it's too early to say if it's in my albums of 2013.

Just brought this today along with a load of other stuff, and yes I agree it sounds excellent on first listen better than piano player from 2011. Also got the Jiaolong album featuring Dan Snaith from Caribou but haven't got round to listening yet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just brought this today along with a load of other stuff, and yes I agree it sounds excellent on first listen better than piano player from 2011. Also got the Jiaolong album featuring Dan Snaith from Caribou but haven't got round to listening yet.

Upon many listens I now think its one of my albums of the year.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ellie Goulding - Halcyon.

Didn't rate her after first album, but this is bloody great.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ellie Goulding - Halcyon.

Didn't rate her after first album, but this is bloody great.

She seems to be having a "Micheal Hutchence" phase with that Skrillex fella as well.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
After much contemplatin and plenty of listening in the last few days I've decided that album of the year is Justin Martin - Ghettos & Gardens

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Know what you mean, but they split.

So she's on the market again. Hmmmmm. Interesting. Must dash, off to get a new hair cut.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here