Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albions reach out of Sussex

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Thinking about the title of the thread, I flew out of North Terminal Gatwick on Friday and had a browse in JD Sports. They had the usual set of shirts from the ‘bigger’ clubs here and abroad, England shirts etc, all as expected. There were Wet Spam shirts too, but then I noticed they had Fulham shirts home and away and amazingly Croydon Palace shirts too. But not an Albion shirt in sight.

It can’t be a Nike thing as there were Nike shirts galore, so I’d love to know why a Sussex airport can sell shirts from all the Premier League clubs around the South East except for the one based in the same county (sort of)?

It’s not a Nike thing. It’s a Brighton thing.

Our deal has an exclusivity agreement in it which means only the club can sale merchandise. This was so the club would get the agreed yearly amount, plus an additional % that the retailer would normally take. It also meant others couldn’t sale at below the rrp price.

This is fine when the fanbase is located in the nearby area, but there’s a time when it needs to be changed. If we want to sell a lot of shirts in Asia then we’ll need to allow them to be sold through other outlets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here