Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albions reach out of Sussex

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
20230221_162140.jpg

I found this potential signing in my local sports shop.
Hoping the Albion recruitment team will get in there before PW at Chelski :wink:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
View attachment 157448

I found this potential signing in my local sports shop.
Hoping the Albion recruitment team will get in there before PW at Chelski :wink:
Still cannot beat getting a Brighton & Hove Albion KNOME in Newquay, complete with skint logo on shirt, in 2002. The stuff of Antiques Roadshow now

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes for £10 :)
The domestic manager gave me an Albion mug quite some years ago - to take to the office. But, I dunno, football mugs at offices don't seem to work somehow. However, as I have been mainly WFH since the beginning of lockdown - it now truly is a workplace mug!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The domestic manager gave me an Albion mug quite some years ago - to take to the office. But, I dunno, football mugs at offices don't seem to work somehow. However, as I have been mainly WFH since the beginning of lockdown - it now truly is a workplace mug!
I do have an official Albion mug at work, which is next to all insundrie of London club mugs, all hanging on a wooden board.
I'll use the new one for home.
The shop did have one other mug with all of Albions shirts since time began.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Thinking about the title of the thread, I flew out of North Terminal Gatwick on Friday and had a browse in JD Sports. They had the usual set of shirts from the ‘bigger’ clubs here and abroad, England shirts etc, all as expected. There were Wet Spam shirts too, but then I noticed they had Fulham shirts home and away and amazingly Croydon Palace shirts too. But not an Albion shirt in sight.

It can’t be a Nike thing as there were Nike shirts galore, so I’d love to know why a Sussex airport can sell shirts from all the Premier League clubs around the South East except for the one based in the same county (sort of)?

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Thinking about the title of the thread, I flew out of North Terminal Gatwick on Friday and had a browse in JD Sports. They had the usual set of shirts from the ‘bigger’ clubs here and abroad, England shirts etc, all as expected. There were Wet Spam shirts too, but then I noticed they had Fulham shirts home and away and amazingly Croydon Palace shirts too. But not an Albion shirt in sight.

It can’t be a Nike thing as there were Nike shirts galore, so I’d love to know why a Sussex airport can sell shirts from all the Premier League clubs around the South East except for the one based in the same county (sort of)?

We cannot even sell our own merchandise in JD Sports OR Sports Direct in Brighton City Centre - there's not even been replica shirts on sale since Christmas in the club shop?! .. So plenty to do before we stretch out as far as Gatwick!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
We cannot even sell our own merchandise in JD Sports OR Sports Direct in Brighton City Centre - there's not even been replica shirts on sale since Christmas in the club shop?! .. So plenty to do before we stretch out as far as Gatwick!
Well yes, there are plenty of examples but if we can’t cash in on the team’s current popularity ano position in the Premier League, with a World Cup winner and Japanese star in the line up, we never will.

(I do understand that the aforementioned players may partly be behind the lack of supply currently, but would think that’s only part of the story).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here