[Albion] Albion v Liverpool (EPL - Sat 14 Jan 3pm)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Liverpool’s press has fallen away, the team/squad has aged, they lack the legs.

But he always plays attacking football, so it definitely won’t be like playing a time-wasting, cheating Villa.
Charlton, Villa, Forest even Newcastle defended deep which slowed down our play.
Liverpool still have pace up top and will press.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This has all the hallmarks of becoming embarrassing. Liverpool are still bloody good .. They will be hard to beat and will probably beat us..A draw would be a good result
There is a danger the expectations game is getting away from us. Liverpool still should be expected to beat us, but the way the game is being built up means it'll be presented as an amazing result for them if they do and a draw won't be a bad result. Klopp must be pleased with this.

Meanwhile for us, we'll end up being disappointed if we don't win, whereas it would really be a fantastic result if we do.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If Liverpool turn up, especially the front 3 then we will get beat like 95% of the league.

If not then we have a chance of getting something

Either way i am looking forward to a good attacking game of football. :)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Pervis 70/1 for the first goal seems ridiculously high given his average pitch position

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This has all the hallmarks of becoming embarrassing. Liverpool are still bloody good .. They will be hard to beat and will probably beat us..A draw would be a good result
I go into this one with hope, not expectation.

Liverpool may be a slowly fading force right now, but a force they remain. Even in this below-par campaign they've scored more than us and conceded fewer than us.

But we should feel hopeful - this Albion side have as good a chance as any that have gone before, and I can't wait to see how we perform.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I go into this one with hope, not expectation.

Liverpool may not be a slowly fading force right now, but a force they remain. Even in this below-par campaign they've scored more than us and conceded fewer than us.

But we should feel hopeful - this Albion side have as good a chance as any that have gone before, and I can't wait to see how we perform.
Can't help but feel a sense of real excitement for this fixture after a lengthly break and was has passed since I was last at the Amex

We know Albion at their best can beat them, but it still will be far from easy and our home form still isn't that great...

Last edited:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
This is a great opportunity to actually beat Liverpool at home their midfield is absolutely woeful for a "top 6" team so if we can stifle that then it will cut down the supply line to the forwards reducing their potency. With no Dick Van Dyke (although also not firing this season) their backline is not up to their usual standard and distinctly average.

Don't get me wrong it wont be a walk in the park but this is a great time to be playing Liverpool.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I expect this to be an open game, pretty much end to end and I would not be putting money on a 0-0 draw. We go into this game as confident as we have ever been against one of the 'big six'. I think we have the edge in midfield which I hope will prove to be the key factor. I can see Liverpool using TAA's long passes bypassing the midfield as their primary weapon. Whilst it is not outrageous for us to be considered favourites you should always be wary of a team featuring Sarah, Nunez and Gakpo up front.

Should be a cracking game of football whatever the result, bring it on.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just do what everyone else do and abuse that Liverpool needs to pretend Trent Alexander-Arnold is good enough (to protect his value so they can ship him to some easily tricked wealthy club when the time/money is right), should result in two or three goals. Obviously on their day they could also score 2-3 goals and you can never be sure to win if the opponents do that. Should be a close but goal rich game, slight advantage for Brighton perhaps but 2-2 would be my bet in the end.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
It’s quite unbelievable reading that, firstly actual opposition fans signing our praises, and secondly they’re Liverpool fans. How far we have come. Brilliant write up from the first post, and I assume most of us believe the same. We should on paper win on Saturday. UTA!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports