[Albion] Albion v Liverpool (EPL - Sat 14 Jan 3pm)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
tell me what wood it is and i’ll make i drive 50 miles in the opposite direction
no worries, if you see these signs, turn the car around:
1673292631277.png

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
People getting carried away here !!

Liverpool smashed villa away recently and beat spurs away

They still have a lot of class upfront and 2 of the best stacking wing backs in the world. And recently when teams have gone for us we look very vunerable.

Should be a classic

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Would you be shocked by a 3 or 4, to 1, Albion win?
Honestly, probably not. Liverpool fans are terrified to play us right now given their form vs ours. Just read that article above my post Rogero posted. We've scored 25 goals in our last 9 games, average of 2.8 per game. Scored 3 goals on 3 occasions, four twice and a recent 5 goal outing.

Absolute mental stuff, what a time to be an Albion fan.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Honestly, probably not. Liverpool fans are terrified to play us right now given their form vs ours. Just read that article above my post Rogero posted. We've scored 25 goals in our last 9 games, average of 2.8 per game. Scored 3 goals on 3 occasions, four twice and a recent 5 goal outing.

Absolute mental stuff, what a time to be an Albion fan.
They’re playing awful against almost everyone. Brentford, Wolves literally doing as they please.

Tight FSG made a monumental blunder in arrogantly not updating centre midfield.

It will be an open end to end game, Klopp and RDZ only know one way to play. I think Caicedo, Mitoma and Mac A will have the freedom of the park, giving a win.

Neither manager adapts with eg double-pivots to spoil teams in better form.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
They’re playing awful against almost everyone. Brentford, Wolves literally doing as they please.

Tight FSG made a monumental blunder in arrogantly not updating centre midfield.

It will be an open end to end game, Klopp and RDZ only know one way to play. I think Caicedo, Mitoma and Mac A will have the freedom of the park, giving a win.

Neither manager adapts with eg double-pivots to spoil teams in better form.
They might be playing badly but they've won 6 of their last 9 competitive games, drawn 1 lost 2. Hardly Everton or saintsesque form.

And bookies have them as fairly strong favourites.

I'm going for 2-2

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They might be playing badly but they've won 6 of their last 9 competitive games, drawn 1 lost 2. Hardly Everton or saintsesque form.

I'm going for 2-2
Indeed, in the league we’re both won 4 lost 2. I know we smashed a championship side and 2 relegation fodder teams, but we also got stuffed by Arsenal, poor against Villa at home….

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Can we calm down please, this is still a successful decent Liverpool team.

They need a reset and spark to get going again, our home form is the perfect breeding ground.

Sure I think we’ve got a decent chance of getting a result, but we are not going to walk over them

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I'm going for 2-2
I’ve watched these bookies opportunities over the last 2 or 3 years. The markets/cashflows always follow the clubs with huge global followings, ignoring form and rapidly declining squads. Wolves were something like 14/1 to win at Anfield on Saturday evening, despite no VVD and the legs-gone reds midfield, the Wolves manager was able to play quality such as flavour of the month Nunes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nunez has had so many goalscoring opportunities that he must be due a change of fortune.
He's being written off as a waste of money by too many pundits.
The guy is fast and as a strong as an ox. I just hope he continues to miss decent chances.
10 goals and 3 assists. People who refuse to watch other clubs play, trying to make out he’s Shevchenko or Carroll.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nunez has had so many goalscoring opportunities that he must be due a change of fortune.
He's being written off as a waste of money by too many pundits.
The guy is fast and as a strong as an ox. I just hope he continues to miss decent chances.
But still scored more / more assists than the lauded Rashford !

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Of course it's finely balanced, but for the first time in my life, I think which Albion team turn up Saturday is more important than which Liverpool team turn up.

:wink:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
EDITED - posted on the wrong thread!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports