Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Albion v Aarhus 12pm today in Powerchair Euro Cup: live stream & matchday thread**

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Yep the coverage wasn't exactly Sky which is a real shame. They (UEFA)also need to put the camera in the gallery so we can see a helicopter view which would be far better and you can see the skills in play. As you say Albion Roar, a bit two bob coverage wise but a great win for the lads. Hopefully the goal highlights can be posted later by someone in Denmark.

UTA!!

I was reading the text messages on the YouTube page as the images were being streamed. It did come across as a bit 'one camera, one laptop, one moody stream'. And then, as it said in the text messages (this one from the EPFA), 'someone has knocked off the power from the camera...'.

The camera on the halfway line in the first half, incidentally, had nothing to do with the EPFA. I hope that whoever that helpful person was, they can do it again for tomorrow's two matches.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don't know how to download or edit the FB video, but the whole of the first half is here...

https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanPowerchairFootballAssociationEpfa/videos/1099724953451605/

Aarhus' goal is at 20'23"
Albion equaliser at 22'53"
Albion go 2-1 up at 25'51"

The second goal was clearly a rehearsed move as it almost came off just before Aarhus scored (19'08").

That's a brilliant! Thank you, will watch this evening before Liverpool smash Utd! Sorry, first loves die hard and all that ;)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I don't know how to download or edit the FB video, but the whole of the first half is here...

https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanPowerchairFootballAssociationEpfa/videos/1099724953451605/

Aarhus' goal is at 20'23"
Albion equaliser at 22'53"
Albion go 2-1 up at 25'51"

The second goal was clearly a rehearsed move as it almost came off just before Aarhus scored (19'08").
It is a very enjoyable sport to watch. I have never really got Wheelchair Rugby which just seems to be a load of violence with someone taking a ball over a line but this involves a lot of skill rather than brawn and I am very proud with the way our club has got behind the sport.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I went on an exchange trip to Aarhus when I was 15. The drinking age was 15 and there was no minimum age for buying cigarettes. It was carnage.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It is a very enjoyable sport to watch. I have never really got Wheelchair Rugby which just seems to be a load of violence with someone taking a ball over a line but this involves a lot of skill rather than brawn and I am very proud with the way our club has got behind the sport.

I agree. Never seen any footage before but it's really good. Nicely worked goals and those chairs are bloody zippy. Great to see the Albion lads doing so well too.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Great result for the lads today. Went 1 down, but responded with 3 and in all honesty we should have had more. Nice match to start with. Settled some nerves, and we expect to kick on from this. Sat down with team this evening, and went through some match analysis. As many hav commented, the live stream is poor positioning/quality but we picked up a number of areas for improvement.

Big game tomorrow against West Brom but at least we know they play football. Watched a French side this afternoon and it was a little physical to say the least. Not seen play like that since we were in the wfa championship. Not very pretty. So here is to a good game tomorrow and that 2 English sides can show how to play the beautiful game. But there is only one Albion (and it's not Burton) 08:15 your time. 2nd game of the day is at 14:00 your time. By then we should know what we need to do on Wednesday morning to get out of the group. Lads went to bed early again. Tempting for those who like a beer but they are focussed on job in hand.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Got to say never watched it before but that was actually very impressive. That 2nd goal was quality. They should be very proud.

Seems a shame that the pitches are so small and the ball goes out of play.

Really great to see though. I will be keeping an eye on the results for sure. Out of interest is there a standard chair which needs to be used? Or can speeds be modded etc?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Got to say never watched it before but that was actually very impressive. That 2nd goal was quality. They should be very proud.

Seems a shame that the pitches are so small and the ball goes out of play.

Really great to see though. I will be keeping an eye on the results for sure. Out of interest is there a standard chair which needs to be used? Or can speeds be modded etc?

There is a fairly standard powerchair. They cost around seven grand a pop, and REMF has certainly played its part in acquiring these chairs and supporting these guys.

For a match, the chair are tested so that they can't go over a certain top speed. And they're not allow to put spikes on the hubcaps, nor cowcatcher grids on the front. Laser weapons are optional.

I had a go at a recent tournament in one of those things. Absoultely impossible - I'm certain former joyriders need only apply. The skill and precision to get the accuracy and passing that they get is phenomenal. They are so adept, it's great watching them warm up, with four of them being in a square, and just pinball-flipping the ball to each other with superb accuracy.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
This will be a tougher test , watched West Broms game alls thats missing from their deadly in front of goal striker is a ponytail and low profile tyres , Cmon Brighton .

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
FT: Brighton 0-1 WBA

A closely fought match, in which a very good West Brom, dominanat in the first half, were eventually forced to park the bus at the end to keep Brighton out.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Closely fought game with West Brom. Their goal was not pretty, like a pushover try. However we are still in this with 2 games to go. Next up is Midlands from Ireland at 14:00 your time and French team Auch tomorrow morning. Two wins and we are out of the group and into the semi finals.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Currently 1-0 up against Midlands United

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
FT: Brighton 3-0 Midlands United

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
So where does leave us for getting into the semis going into the last group game given the other results?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here