Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Update

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Why the need for this to be included in the statement, "This issue generated very negative press coverage, inconvenience to our visitors for which we have apologised, as well as speculation and rumour, much of it exaggerated or untrue."

The inference has to be that had none of these occurred a statement regarding "poogate" would not have been made - yet the details that were given about this in the statement suggest that they could have been made public within days, if not hours, and had this been the case then "negative press coverage" and "speculation and rumour" would have been minimised.

Not handled very well in my opinion nor the level of professionalism I'd expect from an experienced CEO.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
In view of the present problems I am considering watching the Albion in the Championship and popping up to Wembley to see the Hammers when they move, very attractive option if you have a rail season ticket.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In view of the present problems I am considering watching the Albion in the Championship and popping up to Wembley to see the Hammers when they move, very attractive option if you have a rail season ticket.

Take your binoculars. Awful long viewing distances and low pitched tiers relatively to the football pitch, which Gold and Sullivan will never be able to alter.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I am not disagreeing with you Lord Bracknell just playing devil's advocate, do you not think Mr Bloom had a hand in writing the message if not in part or all, so in around about way we have a message from Bloom without the "As a life long fan". Which in all fairness he does not have to tell us or prove to us (in a way that some may take as tcondescending) that we all know how much he loves the Albion.

I take it as direct message from Bloom.

100% This.
I expect Barber had to get agreement from TB before that was released.
Tony Bloom, whilst not making any statements, will have the final say, and probably a lot of input on any important descision, the dirty work and any shit that comes back at the club, is taken by the people he employs,
A someone said earlier, You dont keep a dog and bark yourself,

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Take your binoculars. Awful long viewing distances and low pitched tiers relatively to the football pitch, which Gold and Sullivan will never be able to alter.

I think a long range telescope may be in order to watch the Hammers play in Wembley.

The nearest ground is Loftus Road.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On the say-so of NSC members? You think this forum has THAT much influence with the club? You will know if Tony Bloom no longer supports Paul Barber, because Barber will be looking for another job.

Good points.

Away from the microcosm of a few nosey / impatient people on NSC, the club are doing things professionally and legally. They have said all they are permitted to say and it will resolve itself long before the new season.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But Barber is effectively Bloom's spokesperson anyway, so any statement that Barber comes out with must have the backing of Bloom (otherwise Barber would be out). Therefore there is no need for any "vote of confidence", since that is implicitly implied by Bloom's silence. If he came out with a separate statement it would be interpreted as a Bloom/Barber split.

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Could you enlighten us on the nature of the grammatical error? If it's just a superfluous comma (which is all that I can see that might possibly be wrong with the sentence) it's hardly a major gaffe, and it is indeed sad that you feel compelled to comment on it, not least because the statement as a whole is a pretty well-written and helpful document (compared with much of the anodyne corporate waffle that many companies/organisations put out these days).

Who gives an f about an Oxford Comma?

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Most of the statement is well written and honest feedback.

The membership scheme worries me though. Watching the Albion as a non STH will cost me £20-£40 before I've got one ticket? The current system works well, the points system rewards those going to games. I have 105 points this season which isn't high but I doubt I'll be going to 6 games next season, each game will have a surcharge on top.

The points will be wiped out with a new system probably and if I want a ticket I'll have to pay silly money. Which I haven't got. It will end up being cheaper to go into the home end of away games and the away end at the Amex!

Feb 14, 2010
As I dont live down in Sussex, when I do return I see family and dont have time to go to a game. However I hope to continue to see a few games a season, but if its £20 before I pay for a ticket at say £30, then honestly, I cant see me bothering and I will only go to be the odd away game. But there are no details of this scheme yet and so lets wait and see.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
speaking to a guy i get titbits from,gus and bloom fellout over 4 months ago,and wasnt suprised its ending this way,lets see the outcome eh

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As I dont live down in Sussex, when I do return I see family and dont have time to go to a game. However I hope to continue to see a few games a season, but if its £20 before I pay for a ticket at say £30, then honestly, I cant see me bothering and I will only go to be the odd away game. But there are no details of this scheme yet and so lets wait and see.

The club were talking about introducing a "season ticket membership" for league away games about 3 months ago. There is a demand for it as there is a hardcore band of supporters who go to virtually every home and away fixture. It also creates another layer for prioritising big away games in cup matches.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I think that it shows that the club are fully aware of the concern amongst the supporters and have said as much as they can to address this issue.

That's the way I see it too.. Radio Sussex on Thursday, people emailing club, stuff on websites etc club must realise they cannot expect us to blindly sit quietly whilst things happen all around.. Lets face it history says we are not those kind of fans..

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Good the club has done an update - they have said the most they can and have cleared (hopefully literally too) Poogate up.

Bit concerned about the membership scheme though, I thought the loyalty points were working well. Will probably be a scheme where whoever pays into something, gets first choice - which is wrong as your then alienating "poorer" fans - but id rather wait and see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here