Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion to get whole of Centenary Stand

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Dont now why we are beating ourselves up over getting 5600 at the withdean for a FA Cup second round tie with Conference opposition, Bristol City only only got 100 more against gillingham at Ashton Gate.

Think we might sell about 6000!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The prices look ridiculously cheap to me.....I think the average ticket price will come in at about £12 or something like that (allowing for the VERY low kids prices). All very good for getting families along, etc, etc, but instead of a £250k payday, I think it means we'll be looking at around £150k instead.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Billy the Fish said:
Debateable, seeing as we can only muster 5-6000 at home at the moment

To be fair, we aren't playing Premiership sides every week at the moment.

An allocation of 7,000 will almost certainly render insignificant the ridiculous BLEATING about who is and isn't 'deserving' of a ticket.

If people have been Albion fans for 2 weeks or 60 years, whether you've been to 2 games or 2,000, why shouldn't everyone have the chance to see us in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup against a Premiership Team?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Hiney said:

An allocation of 7,000 will almost certainly render insignificant the ridiculous BLEATING about who is and isn't 'deserving' of a ticket.

If people have been Albion fans for 2 weeks or 60 years, whether you've been to 2 games or 2,000, why shouldn't everyone have the chance to see us in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup against a Premiership Team?

..............is the CORRECT answer.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Jim in the West said:
The prices look ridiculously cheap to me.....I think the average ticket price will come in at about £12 or something like that (allowing for the VERY low kids prices). All very good for getting families along, etc, etc, but instead of a £250k payday, I think it means we'll be looking at around £150k instead.

Jim, think we'll clear about 200k if its a sell out - yes a lot less than the 300k+ that was being banded about.

Still enough to stick 2 fingers up at LDC.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
algie said:
Do we know what FA cup games are on tv yet?

i think they wait to replays before deciding,

i would have thought this would have been a ggod TV game as we had a 4pointer a couple of seasons back and theyr'e FA cup fianlists last season. but BBC will have Arse Pool and United Villa on knowing them (dont blame them bigger games)

Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Jim, think we'll clear about 200k if its a sell out - yes a lot less than the 300k+ that was being banded about.

Still enough to stick 2 fingers up at LDC.

Yep, and we'd never really know if it would really sold out at £35-£45 ticket prices, I'm not sure even the 5,000 Albion tickets would have, never mind the Hammers 30,000 tickets. I think this must be an example of the two respective ticket offices pricing the game to get maximum revenue, but no doubt the Argus will explain all.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If they price it as per their normal low grade games, which is about £30, I am told, the genuine fans will still go and we shall earn more money.

I would price it at £30 adults £20 others.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hiney said:

Absolutely we've already got all the anoraks, nerds and trainspotters (that's all STHs and people who go to away games in case you were wondering whether you fit into that category) moaning about allocation. Then when the tickets go on sale they trample each other to death in order to be first in the queue - then when we only sell 5000 of a 7000 allocation the same people will be moaning how sad it is that we can't sell out a glamour fixture. This is despite the fact that they will have contributed to the shortfall by demanding that sales are restricted!

London Irish said:
Yep, and we'd never really know if it would really sold out at £35-£45 ticket prices, I'm not sure even the 5,000 Albion tickets would have, never mind the Hammers 30,000 tickets. I think this must be an example of the two respective ticket offices pricing the game to get maximum revenue, but no doubt the Argus will explain all.

In the Argus today it explains that we agreed to a price reduction in order to ensure a full ground. £250,000 if the game sells out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here