Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion succession planning

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am not sure if you're joking?

If your serious, he surely go to have some sort of record to go into a massive club like ours, at present the CV would be shelved.

Nathan Jones, would stand more chance and has to be ahead of liams, by some distance.

Potter must be kept here, I can see him here for some time yet and I hope Tony is prepared to keep him.

Not today, or tomorrow but I’d expect Rosenior to be on the radar scanning 3-5 years

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am not sure if you're joking?

If your serious, he surely go to have some sort of record to go into a massive club like ours, at present the CV would be shelved.

Nathan Jones, would stand more chance and has to be ahead of liams, by some distance.

Potter must be kept here, I can see him here for some time yet and I hope Tony is prepared to keep him.

Not today, or tomorrow but I’d expect Rosenior to be on the radar scanning 3-5 years

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
With De Zerbi stating his desire to stay, the threat of another manager walking out on us this season is slim. I guess we can all rest easy, for now at least.

But the club will be busy building a list of potential targets for that future day when the enevitable does come to pass.

One guy I hope we consider is Fluminense head coach, Fernando Diniz.

Diniz's preferred playing style is totally different to anything else happening in World football. His style is less about positional play and more about players linking up in a fluid formation and playing an extreme variation of tiki-taka.

It's a kind of football Jazz and is beautifully entertaining to watch.

Here is an excellent analysis video all about Diniz's Fuminense.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bouncing this thread has made me realise 'Mouldy Boots' is no more :lolol:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
With De Zerbi stating his desire to stay, the threat of another manager walking out on us this season is slim. I guess we can all rest easy, for now at least.

But the club will be busy building a list of potential targets for that future day when the enevitable does come to pass.

Diniz's preferred playing style is totally different to anything else happening in World football. His style is less about positional play and more about players linking up in a fluid formation and playing an extreme variation of tiki-taka.

We could do a lot worse than signing Andre from Fluminese too. Only a matter of time before he goes to a big European club.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Surely part of the reason that Lallana was bought in was to bring him through the coaching staff and eventually perhaps the top job. However i'd file this one under medium to long term. He'd need his coaching badges etc.

I'd also be surprised if the club still isn't in contact with Liam Rosenior. He's clearly thought of very highly. Again, medium term though. You wouldn't want him to be taking our job as his first one.

Then there's the picks which would tug at the heart strings. Bruno the prime example.

More than likely though it will be someone with no previous involvement with the club. Who will be available then? We can't know this at the moment. It's likely to be at least a year, probably more away so there is a limit to how much succession planning you can actually do.

TB and Ashworth will be looking for someone with a record of bringing through youth and a clear philosophy on playing style.
And also should be experienced

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking

Really interesting although I'm not sure I can see us playing it in the EPL.

Although we do seem to have started using 'rejection of space' with Facu :moo:

Still just loving that *our* current manager and style gets included in these analyses :D

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Knowing Bloom, it'll be someone totally leftfield that will either be amazing or catastrophic

I bet they have one eye on Fernando Deniz (Fluminense). Who like De Zerbi, is doing interesting tactical things

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Knowing Bloom, it'll be someone totally leftfield that will either be amazing or catastrophic

I bet they have one eye on Fernando Deniz (Fluminense). Who like De Zerbi, is doing interesting tactical things

Keep up! 😂

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I reckon Bloom might have a eye on how well a returning manager in his mid 70's is doing up at Selhurst.

Our next manager could be Barry Lloyd.

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

Catastrophic would be a little unexpected. Bloom’s only unsuccessful appointment was Hyypia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here