Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion spotted in Amsterdam already!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Totally empty at border security now!

Attachments

• 20231108_150852.jpg
    20231108_150852.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So before Brexit, what was the cause of the many long queues inbound and outbound we all had to endure?... EU or no EU?
Hold up... hold up... are you denying queues for Brits travelling to Europe are longer post-Brexit?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Hold up... hold up... are you denying queues for Brits travelling to Europe are longer post-Brexit?
In my flying experience in the last 5 years, I have had long queues, no queues, and medium queues.... inbound and outbound.... so the point I was making was that there have always been queues at airports, security is almost always a pig, Brexit has changed the queue we stand in from a passport perspective, but my own experience flying economy class to dozens and dozens of destinations in EU and beyond, is that the timings are often not much different post and pre-brexit.... if you arrive just as 6 other flights arrive, you wait,... if you are the only flight, you get through relatively painlessly.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In my flying experience in the last 5 years, I have had long queues, no queues, and medium queues.... inbound and outbound.... so the point I was making was that there have always been queues at airports, security is almost always a pig, Brexit has changed the queue we stand in from a passport perspective, but my own experience flying economy class to dozens and dozens of destinations in EU and beyond, is that the timings are often not much different post and pre-brexit.... if you arrive just as 6 other flights arrive, you wait,... if you are the only flight, you get through relatively painlessly.
I'd really love to hear specific examples from you to back this up.

I mean, I've been on two cross-channel ferries post-Brexit and the wait to get through passport control in France has easily doubled.

Previously, Brits were waved through. Now every passenger has to be checked, passports stamped etc. That obviously takes extra time.

Just last week I went to Stockholm. On arrival, EU passengers whooshed through. Max wait time 5min. UK travellers from two planes spread across four or so lanes, with every passport checked, every passenger questioned. We waited at least 45min in a queue.

Also, "security almost always a pig"? I once travelled to Greece on the day my passport expired and (after 15min questioning/checks) was allowed to fly back on an expired passport!

It was blatantly much easier and quicker to travel in the EU when we were part of it. Only a fool would suggest otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here