Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion secure Wembley HQ for semi final.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Where did I say I’m way off? Way off top 1000 I think so yes. I’m on just over 300 points. Got nowhere near Millwall which was 2000 tickets, I’m using that as the benchmark by which I’d also be even further off 1000 tickets.
I'm confused. Reading through this, I thought you were going to be on less than 200 points
The top tier for this is 293 points, so you're in that category?
I'm on just under 300 so we're not too far off. I got a ticket for Millwall and am usually in somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd tier depending on the fixture. I go to about 6/7 extra games a season inc away and cup. If I go to more away games, I'll break in to the top tier for most matches. Where I am at the moment seems absolutely fair though....

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
15 points for each home cup game over the past few seasons would have got you 100 or so extra points. I know this for me means remaining in the top tier with me picking and choosing away games. Rather than same liverpool Everton man utd i picked huddersfield man city Newcastle with 15 points on offer to help.

No because of the end of season reset you lose half the points so going to every cup and play off match for 15/16 to 18/19 would give you 80 points today and you will start next season with 40 points

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You are completely wrong.

I've been "top tier" for a while but I've largely taken the season off with regard to away games and I've now slipped into the second tier, as is only right.

Conversely, I know [MENTION=2223]e77[/MENTION] struggled for some tickets last season as he wasn't top tier. This year he has been to just about every away game (if not every away game) and has clawed himself into the top tier where he now gets first refusal - once again as is absolutely right.

If you have a season ticket and are prepared to put the miles in, you will grind your way to the top tier, and probably sooner rather than later.

Same here. I’m now second tier as I have not been to many always.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’m not getting into this again. It’s bullshit. I’ve been to Everton, Huddersfield, Anfield, OT, West Ham, WBA replay this season alone. I went to Fulham but had to spend £50 on a neutral ticket. I’m going to Chelsea. Yet I’m still no where near the ‘top’ 1000 and never will be, as it’s a closed shop, these fans keep their points up even if they go to the matches or not. As the Millwall match proved. I’m f’ing sure that as soon as the new WHL tickets go on sale I’ll get nowhere near that either.

I agree you need a system but this one is elitist, England operate a 80%-20% for away games. 80% for points, 20% ballot. It is far fairer.

Bollox I’ve been drawn into this again.

I'm sorry fella but you're totally wrong on this. I used to think exactly the same that this was a closed shop (of which I was a member).

But two seasons ago my wife and daughter got season tickets in their own name, and have attended the majority of away games in the last two seasons and this one, and they are both now comfortably in the top tier. It can be done, but you need to go to a good majority of the away games.

Turning up to a few London ones is not going to get you in the top tier of loyalty I am afraid.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
No, but you need a chance to break into it. There is no chance to get into their top tier of this system if you are not already in it. Then you can’t go to a significant amount of away games, can’t add enough points, thus a viscous circle.

I would be less annoyed with this system if you couldn’t game it. Names should be printed on all away tickets for all matches and there should be random ID checks.

There defiantly is movement on tiers. Go back to when the Amex opened I was top tier and was for fisrt 3 years and that wasn’t going to every away game. Roll on the years work and family dictated that it wasn’t possible to do it all finances needed elsewhere and away games very limited now. Rightly I brought my Wembley ticket in tier 3 this time around being between cat 2 and 3. No probs with people who have more points getting 1st choice as that’s way it should be. When my boy grows up and is old enough to come to away days I’ll look to work my way back up the tiers. There are always people stopping going to games and people starting going to games more and more as everyone’s life changes. Be patient keep buying what you can when you can go and your get to the top tier as it’s not an exclusive club.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I’m not getting into this again. It’s bullshit. I’ve been to Everton, Huddersfield, Anfield, OT, West Ham, WBA replay this season alone. I went to Fulham but had to spend £50 on a neutral ticket. I’m going to Chelsea. Yet I’m still no where near the ‘top’ 1000 and never will be, as it’s a closed shop, these fans keep their points up even if they go to the matches or not. As the Millwall match proved. I’m f’ing sure that as soon as the new WHL tickets go on sale I’ll get nowhere near that either.

I agree you need a system but this one is elitist, England operate a 80%-20% for away games. 80% for points, 20% ballot. It is far fairer.

Bollox I’ve been drawn into this again.

Bring back that shitty AMS ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A fair few of us are still lifetime members, so it should be easy to roll back out.

Indeed 23,000 members and no purchase history - that would be far fairer, NOT

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It’s a money grab because without being designated the club HQ Box Park would be one of our allocated ‘pubs’ on the day and with the concentrated offering of excellent food concessions and well staffed bars with a large capacity of 2,000 and no cover/entry charge many would have thought it the perfect pre match venue.

Now only for those that have deep pockets, loyalty points or club partnership or sponsor connections. Poor show IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see the point. Didn’t know back then that it was a designated venue. That said, a tenner doesn’t seem bad for the extras they’re adding. Just a shame that it’ll probably all be snaffled by the higher loyalty points of the 1901 crew right from the off. Still, there’s always the pub.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Brighton & Hove Albion have confirmed ticket details for fans wishing to join us at our Boxpark HQ on Wembley’s Olympic Way for the FA Cup semi-final clash with Manchester City.

There are 150 hospitality places available for purchase in the exclusive Tapa Vino Spanish tapas restaurant, priced at £119 per head including VAT.

This includes an all-day pass, pre-match meal, half bottle of wine, post-match canapes and a guaranteed restaurant seat throughout the day; please note this does not include a match ticket.

Initially, hospitality places are available exclusively to 1901 Club members for 24 hours only from 11am on Wednesday, 27 March until 11am on Thursday, 28 March.

Any remaining places will then go sale to match ticket holders. These can be booked by calling the 1901 Club team on 01273 878278.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has this been posted yet?

Brighton & Hove Albion have confirmed ticket details for fans wishing to join us at our Boxpark HQ on Wembley’s Olympic Way for the FA Cup semi-final clash with Manchester City.

Tickets will be available from 11am this coming Wednesday, and are priced £10 for pre-match access (11am-5pm), £10 for post-match access (until 11pm); or £15 for an all-day ticket — with an all-day hospitality option also available.

The 2000-plus capacity, state-of-the-art entertainment venue has more than 20 different street food kiosks, three massive bars, a giant video screen, music, and a range of dining options, with a hospitality option in the exclusive Tapa Vino restaurant.

Club chief executive and deputy chairman Paul Barber explained, “Boxpark will become the club’s HQ on the day, opening from 11am until 11pm, with directors, staff, sponsors, and guests being joined by club legends.

“We’re delighted to also make just over 1,000 tickets available for our fans to purchase so that they can also enjoy being part of our club’s HQ for the day.

“Seagulls TV presenter Richie Reynolds will host the event, with live Q&As with club Chairman Tony Bloom, ambassadors Alan Mullery and Steve Sidwell, and a number of other Albion legends including Guy Butters, Andy Rollings and Gordon Smith.

“There’ll also be music and DJs in the build up to the game, access for the broadcast and print media, and the chance to win spot prizes with some fun and games throughout the build up. Afterwards, fans with tickets will be able to join us - win or lose - but hopefully to celebrate an historic FA Cup upset!”

Tickets go sale as follows, to the following supporters who have already bought their semi-final tickets, one place per ticket holder:

STHs & 1901 members with 293+ points, 11am 11am Wed 27th March
STHs & 1901 members with 228+ points 4pm Wed 27th March
STHs & 1901 members with 188+ points 11am Thu 28th March
All STHs & 1901 members 4pm Thu 28th March

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Ha ha since when has a shipping container been state of the art. God they even have one on Croydon which is just a state no art.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ha ha since when has a shipping container been state of the art. God they even have one on Croydon which is just a state no art.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I've visited the Croydon version a couple of times and it's a great place to meet. The bar at the Croydon one is rubbish, but there's a proper pub just outside.

the food options are amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here