Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion rise to 23rd in Deloitte world money league

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I was chatting to someone who coaches under 9s on Saturday and he said the kids are all obsessed with Haaland
Yep, they are. So are all the scouts! All scouts are now on the lookout for the next Haaland and tall, good with their feet keepers. Basically, if a kid’s mum is 6ft, they’ll be signed by an academy regardless of ability!

Interestingly though, I attend A LOT of kids training sessions and games for 7 - 10 year olds either coaching or watching, and by far the most common shirt is Messi’s Miami kit.

Last edited:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Amazing.
Two things....
1. I'm not sure I trust Man City's revenue figures given the charges they're facing (realise that's retrospective but they've been accused of basically making up years of income)..I'm still yet to see a Man City shirt out and about in Bristol
2. We must have one of if not the largest gaps between generated revenue and wages...
1) I saw one on Gloucester Road last week...I am sure that could be why they are 2nd.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Why would they be though? We're relatively similar in most aspects. The extra £25m seems to closely fit with the prize money from league position and FA cup run, and maybe a few £m extra from merchandise sales (we thank Mitoma for that).
What about player sales??

You'd think that would have a more significant impact.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Oh I was under the impression player sales aren't included in the figures posted, but I may be wrong. Can anyone clarify?
I assume it must be excluding player sales, as the gap between us and them feels about right based on prize money and attendances.

But that does us a bit of a disservice as player sales is a key part of our model.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here