Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion rise to 23rd in Deloitte world money league

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
…and could rise higher this season too on the back of the Europa League campaign. Each position higher in PL worth about £2.5m (Premire League no longer publishing data as part of their commitment to a lack of transparency) so going from 9th to 6th added £7.5m. FA Cup progress helped a little too.

8 clubs from PL in top 20
14 clubs from PL in top 30. Strength of PL shown by fact that a small club such as Crystal Palace in the top 30
IMG_2821.jpeg

IMG_2822.jpeg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
…and could rise higher this season too on the back of the Europa League campaign. Each position higher in PL worth about £2.5m (Premire League no longer publishing data as part of their commitment to a lack of transparency) so going from 9th to 6th added £7.5m. FA Cup progress helped a little too.

14 clubs from PL in top 30. Strength of PL shown by fact that a small club such as Crystal Palace in the top 30
I'm assuming City are 2nd based on prize money?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
palace and Everton in the top 30 is the easiest way to explain why The European Super League isn't going away, anytime soon.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
L’il ol’ Palace in the top 30?!

Ahhh…. bless ‘em. They’re really punching above their weight there.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Amazing.
Two things....
1. I'm not sure I trust Man City's revenue figures given the charges they're facing (realise that's retrospective but they've been accused of basically making up years of income)..I'm still yet to see a Man City shirt out and about in Bristol
2. We must have one of if not the largest gaps between generated revenue and wages...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Amazing.
Two things....
1. I'm not sure I trust Man City's revenue figures given the charges they're facing (realise that's retrospective but they've been accused of basically making up years of income)..I'm still yet to see a Man City shirt out and about in Bristol
2. We must have one of if not the largest gaps between generated revenue and wages...

No one trusts their income figure. Despite football rules on open market-based based commercial income, for some reason already years ago their commercial income was greater than each of Manure, Barca and Real.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Amazing.
Two things....
There are a lot of Haaland and Grealish shirts in Hampshire and their worldwide profile has grown massively

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
All these figures... I find it quite intriguing how palace are, for all intents and purposes, not that far away from us.
Quite simply because of the money from Broadcast rights, which make up the vast majority of income, and wouldnt be substantially different from any of the clubs outside the "big six" (or 7 now Newcastle have sold their soul)

Dec 29, 2011
All these figures... I find it quite intriguing how palace are, for all intents and purposes, not that far away from us.
Why would they be though? We're relatively similar in most aspects. The extra £25m seems to closely fit with the prize money from league position and FA cup run, and maybe a few £m extra from merchandise sales (we thank Mitoma for that).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here