Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion reject "final" Leicester bid for Ulloa

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'd much rather us go back abroad if Ulloa was to go.

Boro just signed Kike, who got 23 goals in the second tier in Spain last year for £2.5m.

Borja Viguera got 24 goals in that division last year, and has signed for Bilbao for £1m.

Newcastle just signed Ayoze, for £1.6m, he's 20 and got 16 goals in that division last year.

All have very similar records at that level to Ulloa.

We won't spend that sort of money though, its earmarked for the hotel

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'd much rather us go back abroad if Ulloa was to go.

Boro just signed Kike, who got 23 goals in the second tier in Spain last year for £2.5m.

Borja Viguera got 24 goals in that division last year, and has signed for Bilbao for £1m.

Newcastle just signed Ayoze, for £1.6m, he's 20 and got 16 goals in that division last year.

All have very similar records at that level to Ulloa.

An important point. I don't believe Ulloa is actually worth £7m, but if a club has money in this country, and really wants to sign someone, they are forced to pay over the odds. The Albion are being very shrewd over this.

scooter1

How soon is now?
If we can get £7m, we should take it providing its reinvested in the team/squad. The club says it doesn't need to sell any players, so if that's the case and Ulloa is sold, then there is no excuse to not put that money back into the playing budget.
Replacing him however, that might be tough. However that's why we have a scouting network

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hold out for your 10 million Tony - about right on the MacCormack scale.

Leicester have boasted about a 180 million transfer kitty.

Let them spend it, show the tightfisted skinflints the door.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Good piece in the Argus today suggesting we should let him go for £7m which they figure is about the right price ... and we don't want to keep an unsettled player. Tend to agree.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hold out for your 10 million Tony - about right on the MacCormack scale.

Leicester have boasted about a 180 million transfer kitty.

Let them spend it, show the tightfisted skinflints the door.

I dont understand, if they actually have that sort of money they would be able to attract better players than Upson and Ulloa.

Whilst Both are decent players, and Very Good Championship players its a bit budget when you have £180 million in your pockets to go for Championship players.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Good piece in the Argus today suggesting we should let him go for £7m which they figure is about the right price ... and we don't want to keep an unsettled player. Tend to agree.

Agreed, If he is going we need to get it done so the money can be used for bringing in the players the squad needs, or it will end up the same as the Bridcutt money,.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
An important point. I don't believe Ulloa is actually worth £7m, but if a club has money in this country, and really wants to sign someone, they are forced to pay over the odds. The Albion are being very shrewd over this.
You, however, are not. The plebs up the road banged on about how Zaha was the best young player they'd ever seen, and how he was worth a gazillion - it all helped build the hype and get Man U to waste a truck load of cash on him. It's our job to do the same, not to say that our best player isn't worth a lot.

Ulloa is the best striker we've had since Bobby Z. His style clearly suits the premier league and if he were stolen from us for less than £10m it would be a travesty.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How do we know it's unsettling the squad? I would suspect that most players just get on with their job. They all have agents and they have all seen it before.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
For the 25th time, any money we received last year has gone. Finished. Kaput. Whilst we may have the money in the bank, as far as FFP is concerned, that reduced our losses last year. You don't get a lottery style rollover and are allowed to spend last year's money this year. Last year we were allowed to break even with the owner subsidising £8m losses. This year it is just £5m. So we can spend less this year, not more. The only bit I'm not sure about is future payments we are due from these transfers - if indeed there were any. But anything we have received in the last financial year has gone as far as FFP is concerned.

Really???? So what would be the point in getting to the Premier League? On that assumption receiving a nice couple of million for finishing say 17th in the Premier League would be pointless because the following season we would not be able to spend the prize money as it was from the season before.

You talk absolute waffle, if a company makes a profit then they following year those profits can be spent after the end of year tax has been deducted.

I also believe the accounts released were for 2012/13 (2nd year at the Amex) and not 2013/14 when we had the sale of Bridcutt, Barnes and El Abd.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
4a2e9uge.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here