Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion reject "final" Leicester bid for Ulloa

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Ulloas silence is good although I'm sure we've spoken to him and assured him he can go at a respectable price which we will get unless Ulloa gets impatient and throws toys out of the pram.

This is it. I'm sure Leo will go, we are now playing a negotiating game where we hold all the cards (don't NEED to sell), only thing that can change our position is if Leo chooses to try and force things through aka Bridcutt last season.

Will be interesting to see if he plays tomorrow night.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Utter claptrap. We had a far better team than Palace but Poyet bottled it.

And we really weren't too shabby in the first leg against Derby - we had the chances to win it and on other days they would have gone in.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Will be interesting to see if he plays tomorrow night.

Just a guess, but I'm betting his minor ankle injury won't have healed. If it hasn't, I don't know why we bothered hiring a new head physio with England and Gloucester rugby experience - he's obviously no good. :moo:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Ulloas silence is good although I'm sure we've spoken to him and assured him he can go at a respectable price which we will get unless Ulloa gets impatient and throws toys out of the pram.

Ulloa isn't the type to throw his toys out of the pram, but I understand his reasons for prefering to play in the Prem.

From the Argus report toady:

"He is settled in Brighton with his family and enjoys playing for the club but he wants Premier League football and fears the scale of investment in the squad is reducing his chances of getting there with Albion."

I think this is fair enough because we can take as long as we want building a team to get to the Prem.

What I am waiting for, is for us to be close to an agreement with Leicester and then Poyet gazumping them with a better offer.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The club demand money for our season tickets at the earliest possible date but leave things as long as possible before signing players. It's great that the club is so prudent with its money but someone needs to remind them that you can invest in players as well as bricks and mortar.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Just a guess, but I'm betting his minor ankle injury won't have healed. If it hasn't, I don't know why we bothered hiring a new head physio with England and Gloucester rugby experience - he's obviously no good. :moo:

Probably would have been better off hiring a spin doctor who is better at making up cover excuses as to why our star striker isn't playing at a time when he is linked with a multi million pound transfer elsewhere.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The club demand money for our season tickets at the earliest possible date but leave things as long as possible before signing players. It's great that the club is so prudent with its money but someone needs to remind them that you can invest in players as well as bricks and mortar.

Oh dear expect another thumbs down from TSB And Finchley

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The club demand money for our season tickets at the earliest possible date

Actually the club is one of the few who offer us ability to pay for season tickets on monthly direct debit with 0% interest. So technically they allow us to pay for our tickets at the latest possible date.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Actually the club is one of the few who offer us ability to pay for season tickets on monthly direct debit with 0% interest. So technically they allow us to pay for our tickets at the latest possible date.

Don't the monthly direct debits start from April? In which case most of us have nearly paid for half of our tickets before the season even commences. That said, I am grateful for the DD option and my comment was very much tongue in cheek. Just getting more and more frustrated about some things.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

It's only good if we have the time and inclination to invest the proceeds before the new season starts on one or more strikers with quality. Time will tell what happens. I'm not holding my breath.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
It's only good if we have the time and inclination to invest the proceeds before the new season starts on one or more strikers with quality. Time will tell what happens. I'm not holding my breath.

So what do we think the new bid is going to be, £7.5million/8million?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here